Late night travel from Doncaster centre

the OP states their train arrives in Doncaster at around midnight , yet people are suggesting services where the last service leaves before 2300 ?

Sorry re-read OP message and I thought they arrived at Doncaster Airport but there’s no mention of this they arrive at Stansted then get train to Doncaster. I tried to be helpful but failed :-) Anyway to be less helpful I think a taxi is the only realistic option of getting to Sheffield at that time.

Edited by Yorkie2000

Sorry re-read OP message and I thought they arrived at Doncaster Airport but there’s no mention of this they arrive at Stansted then get train to Doncaster. I tried to be helpful but failed :-) Anyway to be less helpful I think a taxi is the only realistic option of getting to Sheffield at that time.

As the OP, your help is appreciated, thank you.

I agree that taxi seems to be the only viable option and I have a couple of quotes that are definitely less than the cost of a hotel overnight, so will probably go with that plan.

Still can't believe that the last train to Sheffield leaves London so early!