Yew Lane School

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who went to Yew Lane School in the late 50's early 60's.

I left in 1962 and lost contact with all my old school mates when I left Sheffield in January 1964 to move to Derbyshire.

If there is anyone who remembers me - Kenny Toft - it would be nice to hear how you are getting on after 40 years.

Well Kenny Toft Iwent to YewLane from 1958 to 1963.Lived at Fox Hill near Ronnie Lewis and Jon Leaver.My name is David Staniforth.What,s new.

David

Yew Lane had a really good football team in the early 1960s, guys who would now be 54/55 years old.

I was at Tommy More's and I and my friends often jumped over the fence to watch them.

I can still remember some of their names. Dave Platts, Rich Morton, Jeff Evans, Jeff Careless, Ronnie Betts.

They often played in cities well outside Sheffield and won some kind of national trophy (in 1966 I think).

Not sure but I think Jeff Evans (who looks a bit like Art Garfunkel) is the same guy who now runs many of the council's new behavourial initiatives and is a pal of Blunkett's.

I went to Yew Lane from 1954 to 1958 The Headmaster then was Mr Clayton.

Remember one or two class mates.Graham Sheldon, David Trotter, Patricia Cockshot, Julia Johnson, Margaret Whitney, Sandra Travis, Lorna Simpson.If I really tried I could think of more I'm sure, but I've got laundry To do I'm afraid.

I went to Yew Lane,and left in 1962.David Trotter lived four doors from me on Mansel Crescent.My elder brother played in the same football team as David Platt,Jeff Careless etc.all very good players.Is the school still there?

I went to Yew Lane late 50's - early 60's when 'pop' Clayton was headmaster.There was a creepy teacher called Mr Topham didn't like him at all could go on for ages , but don't want to bore folk.

Yew Lane had a really good football team in the early 1960s, guys who would now be 54/55 years old.

I was at Tommy More's and I and my friends often jumped over the fence to watch them.

I can still remember some of their names. Dave Platts, Rich Morton, Jeff Evans, Jeff Careless, Ronnie Betts.

They often played in cities well outside Sheffield and won some kind of national trophy (in 1966 I think).

Not sure but I think Jeff Evans (who looks a bit like Art Garfunkel) is the same guy who now runs many of the council's new behavourial initiatives and is a pal of Blunkett's.

if were talking the same jeff evans he went on to become a teacher, played in a few good saturday/sunday league sides, i saw him in the greyhound not so long back

I left Yew Lane in 1962 and remember Mr Clayton and Topham, he took us for geography. Also remember Mr Mitchell (rubberneck) who took us for history. Mr Wrigley also took us for gardening lessons. I believe its the same person who now writes books on Sheffield.

I left Yew Lane in 1960. Iam anxious to find the names of the girls in my class. Can anybody remember or tell me where to look? my name was Sheila Pryor and i lived at Knutton crescent. thanks