Carson Stationer Closed

Went to get some stuff from Carson on West St. and it was closed down! Looks like they are gutting the inside.

I don't know where to go now for stationery in this part of town, short of going right down Fargate to Smiths.

Edited by benoliver999
sarky but good suggestion from comment

Given the thread title, I was wondering who Carson Stationer was. You could have just said they've closed down.

there used to be a stationers on the right hand side of the moor (the road parellel with the moor) as you walk down, you could also get to it if you walk down from west street, down past dev green etc (the corps near where it used to be?)

I remember old man Carson. Used to really have a go at young people buying "Torch" markers (a permanent marker with a 1" nib), accusing them of using them for graffiti, whether you were or not - but he still sold to them.

I remember old man Carson. Used to really have a go at young people buying "Torch" markers (a permanent marker with a 1" nib), accusing them of using them for graffiti, whether you were or not - but he still sold to them.

from the one i mentioned, we used to buy "poscas" sic? they were also used for graffiti a lot

Edited by melthebell

Went to get some stuff from Carson's on West St. and it was closed down! Looks like they are gutting the inside.

I don't know where to go now for stationery in this part of town, short of going right down Fargate to Smiths.

Don't go to Smith's on Fargate or you will be disappointed again. They are closed for building work. However they have opened temporary store on Pinstone Street.

Maybe bit out of way, there is Staples on Eyre St at the bottom of the Moor

Are Rymans still on the Moor or did they go when the redevelopment happened ?

there used to be a stationers on the right hand side of the moor (the road parellel with the moor) as you walk down, you could also get to it if you walk down from west street, down past dev green etc (the corps near where it used to be?)

Pinders. Still there AFAIK, more of a printers than a stationers though

Pinders. Still there AFAIK, more of a printers than a stationers though

ah cool somebody recognised it lol, couldnt remember the name, i was thinking back to mid 90s

Pinders are definitely more print-shoppy but they have a good amount of stuff in stock.