Two things i'm sick to death of hearing about

Hmm, two things I am sick of hearing about so I will start a thread about them...

and another thing i'm sick of hearing about...moaners complaining about us workers refuting their rights to park in disabled bays even though they dont have anything wrong with them

thank god the vatican city hasnt got a football team!!

so why do the swiss guard wear those multicoloured shorts then?

:hihi:

PT

Ahhh.....

You won't like my new thriller about a football commentator (played by Gary Lineker) and his feisty sidekick (Mark Lawrenson) who investigate a conspiracy theory that states that St Paul was actually the manager Jerusalem Rovers, a job that's been passed down through the generations ultimately ending up with Sven.... :)

I wondered how he got the job, this is the most rational explaination yet :D

What about Big Brother?

thank god the vatican city hasnt got a football team!!

The Vatican City national football team is the football team that plays for the Vatican City. They are one of only seven fully-recognized sovereign states whose national team is not a FIFA member. Others are Monaco, Tuvalu, Kiribati, Nauru, Marshall Islands and Palau.

Vatican City has played only two games against international teams, both ending in 0-0 draws. The first game was against San Marino in 1994, and the second game was against Monaco on November 23, 2002 in Italy.

The Vatican City recently played a match against a Swiss Club team, SV Vollmond on a small field just outside of the Vatican. Vatican City prevailed 5-1.

The Vatican City squad consists of the Swiss Guards (voluntary military force drawn from male Swiss citizens), members of the papal council and museum guards (Italian citizens). Since only members of the Swiss Guard can get the citizenship of the Vatican and they cannot be missed in large numbers for a long time, the national team can play only a few rare international matches often drawing a fair amount of interested press.

It is a tad geeky I know:rolleyes:

The Vatican City national football team is the football team that plays for the Vatican City. They are one of only seven fully-recognized sovereign states whose national team is not a FIFA member. Others are Monaco, Tuvalu, Kiribati, Nauru, Marshall Islands and Palau.

Vatican City has played only two games against international teams, both ending in 0-0 draws. The first game was against San Marino in 1994, and the second game was against Monaco on November 23, 2002 in Italy.

The Vatican City recently played a match against a Swiss Club team, SV Vollmond on a small field just outside of the Vatican. Vatican City prevailed 5-1.

The Vatican City squad consists of the Swiss Guards (voluntary military force drawn from male Swiss citizens), members of the papal council and museum guards (Italian citizens). Since only members of the Swiss Guard can get the citizenship of the Vatican and they cannot be missed in large numbers for a long time, the national team can play only a few rare international matches often drawing a fair amount of interested press.

It is a tad geeky I know:rolleyes:

What colours do they play in?

Sackcloth brown? or is si more black with white collars?

Wilf

come on gents...stick to the topic...this is my thread if you dont mind

Wilf

Blue and Yellow...apparently:rolleyes:

Wilf

It will be white and gold, I bet. The papal colours. That is the same reason the spanish brought the potato to Europe from america, because of its white and gold flowers. :)

It will be white and gold, I bet. The papal colours. That is the same reason the spanish brought the potato to Europe from america, because of its white and gold flowers. :)

Your interesting theory is correct...see link:blush: I stand corrected...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican_City_national_football_team

Mr MOD - I think not - the thread concerns football and the thingy code which has a papal connection we are merely combing the two items in the thread...bit quick on the trigger amigo:rolleyes:

Your interesting theory is unfortunately discredited...see link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican_City_national_football_team

Mr MOD - I think not - the thread concerns football and the thingy code which has a papal connection we are merely combing the two items in the thread...bit quick on the trigger amigo:rolleyes:

tut tut...now come on...since when did the world cup have anything to do with the spanish bringing potatoes to europe????:huh: