PCSOs, What Are They Good For?

Actually those antisocial teenagers, now turn up at the Park 6pm-8pm.

yes i was being sarcastic ( which doesnt translate well on a forum) maybe i should have used a :rolleyes: but yes the anti-social behaviour happens between 6-8pm my point was the PCSO's turn up around 4.30 - 5pm sit in a car with the engine running for 30mins and then disappear never to be seen again all evening

What do you think ?

---------- Post added 05-08-2018 at 20:05 ----------

What are 'certain groups'?

You know as well as me.

So you got the badge numbers in order to make a complaint right? :roll:

No I didn't. I know I should have but even if I had & reported the PCSOs doesn't negate the fact that these 2 street drinkers were allowed to continue shouting abuse at people, within metres / seconds of the PCSOs having a word with them.

But you don't know what was said,or what happened afterwards.

It's very easy to be critical when you don't know the full story - that's all I'm saying.

No I didn't. I know I should have but even if I had & reported the PCSOs doesn't negate the fact that these 2 street drinkers were allowed to continue shouting abuse at people, within metres / seconds of the PCSOs having a word with them.

The police are grossly undermanned years ago a serving pc told me that on night shift there can be as few as seven men on duty to cover the town centre to the Tinsley viaduct area.

yes i was being sarcastic ( which doesnt translate well on a forum) maybe i should have used a :rolleyes: but yes the anti-social behaviour happens between 6-8pm my point was the PCSO's turn up around 4.30 - 5pm sit in a car with the engine running for 30mins and then disappear never to be seen again all evening

Fair point:)

But you don't know what was said,or what happened afterwards.

It's very easy to be critical when you don't know the full story - that's all I'm saying.

Well whatever the PCSOs said to these 2 blokes didn't work. Hopefully nothing happened afterwards involving these 2?

Well whatever the PCSOs said to these 2 blokes didn't work. Hopefully nothing happened afterwards involving these 2?

I'm not sure what powers PCSOs have or how much they are paid to risk serious injury, but don't you have the right to make a citizens arrest if you are certain these idiots were breaking the law? I bet the police would have come to your help very speedily.

Guest makapaka

It’s a cheap option for the government to pretend they’ve got bobbies on the beat. Not the pcso’s fault.

It’s a cheap option for the government to pretend they’ve got bobbies on the beat. Not the pcso’s fault.

Drunken aggressive people , get ignored by two of the PCSO and its the governments fault :huh:

PCSOs are a total waste of time. No powers, no authority, no purpose to them. You might as well tell a brick wall as report anything to them.

The police commisioner is the biggest waste of time/money though. Since their introductip crime has risen, and their salarys are huge. They serve no purpose at all- a dreadful initiative that didn't work, and needs to be got rid of asap, with money directed tpnsomewhere more productive.