East Midlands Airport Pickup

I need to pickup a friend from the airport, plane landing at 5.15pm Tues 14 Aug anyone can put me right as to how to time getting there and anywhere to parkup near in case of a delay

Any advice appreciated

East Midlands Airport

I need to pickup a friend from the airport, plane landing at 5.15pm Tues 14 Aug anyone can put me right as to how to time getting there and anywhere to parkup near in case of a delay

Any advice appreciated

East Midlands Airport

You need 23a, it might not be open due to everlasting road works, so go on to next junction and back track. My advice is to get your friend to take the short stroll and stand outside the Jury’s Inn Hotel and phone you. You could wait in your car, I suggest around the Raddison Blu, which is circa 0.7 of a mile from the Jury’s Inn, on the same secondary road.

Cheers.

Edited by Calahonda

Same as suggested above I usually track the flight on flight Radar 24 then get them to text when out champs roadside food have a cup of tea in layby ,save paying airport parking if delayed.

When your friend arrives, tell them to make their way out of the Arrivals entrance, walk right then make their way over the road towards Departures. There's a drop off point that lots of vehicles use & it doesn't cost. You just have to time it right so get them to give you a call as they leave Arrivals.

Be careful of pick-ups on what appears to be a public road. Last time I was there that APCOA outfit were patrolling and you may end up getting a fine.

In,I think, Car Park 1 there is (certainly was) free parking for one hour and your friend can get a free shuttle bus to that car park.

You need 23a, it might not be open due to everlasting road works, so go on to next junction and back track. My advice is to get your friend to take the short stroll and stand outside the Jury’s Inn Hotel and phone you. You could wait in your car, I suggest around the Raddison Blu, which is circa 0.7 of a mile from the Jury’s Inn, on the same secondary road.

Cheers.

Be careful of pick-ups on what appears to be a public road. Last time I was there that APCOA outfit were patrolling and you may end up getting a fine.

In,I think, Car Park 1 there is (certainly was) free parking for one hour and your friend can get a free shuttle bus to that car park.

To digress, we have started using 15 days parking in hotel car park + 1 day stay at a hotel within walking distance of the terminal. We pay circa £100.00, the car park within walking distance of the terminal costs £70.00, so with an 07:15 flight it’s a no brainier.