Disabled parking bays? Why???

What galls me are the new breed of disabled drivers - you know the one's: the cash point cripple for example - perfectly fit and healthy people who have to park as close as possible to a cash point machine no matter how it may block the road or inconvenience others. Then there's the visually impaired drivers - the one's who cannot read/see road signs, other road users or pedestrians. There's many more.... :hihi:

What a fabulous new way to describe it Hels? Bit like Mustafa benefit. Some folks wear their disability like I would wear knickers. At times, it has to be done, but I don't always like it and certainly wouldn't publicise it !

they are probably better off than i am. and i get no allowancies.

Can i say that when anything is bought for the disabled it always costs a lot more for the disabled than the able bodied, also you ought to try and live a with disabled person to find out that they have to pay for this and that . Paying for a scooter just to get about costs £3.500.00 , [secondhand] plus when anything is bought for a disabled person from a disability shop why on earth does it always cost 3 times as much than from an ordinary shop.

Also when they have a carer then the money that the disabled gets, when it goes up a couple of pence then the carers money goes down by pounds.

It is no easy life being disabled as we all know, would you like to change bodies , just so you coiuld use the free parking bays ?. i dont think so.

You ought to try getting on/off buses with a wheelchair and getting into shops with no disabled access and trying to use the toilet when there is no disabled access. Dont you think that the disabled deserve just a few concessions to make life a little easier for us. I have had to wait in the car at morrisons till my husband came back as there was no disabled bays free as the abled bodied and parents and child had taken them. when there are was a load of parent and child bays bays free but away from the entrance.

I have never used a bay marked for a parent and child so why do they use our bays, is it just for convienience, as i have watched them and they just park in the disabled bays when there are hardley and cars in morrisons.

This also goes for the disabled bays at liddel and aldi where there are only 3 - 4 bays .

They also have a lot more expenses.

Want to live a week in the shoes of a disabled person, I'm sure you feel less hard done to.

Do you want me to go on?

Wilf

Well said wilf

what puzzles me, is why they get free parking, when they get mobility and all the allowancies.

mobility is paid in 2 parts, one half is paid for the care of the disabled, which is not much when bills and food has to be paid and the other half goes on a car or scooter,

so you see we are not rich as people may think. This is why we get free parking to help.

If i took my grandaughter to alton towers for the day then it would cost me the same as you to get in, where as you can go on the rides , i cant, so where does this make sense.

When we go to coastal resorts the disabled parking is not free, in some it is free for the first 3 hours, then we have to pay.

I became disabled in 1988 through meningitis, one day it may be your turn , as no one knows whats round the corner for them, will you still have a chip on your shoulder THEN mufc.

Why does it bother people that much to walk a little further to their car? Why not live every day full of joy that you can walk, or leave the house unassisted?

I have a lot more things to be cross about than disabled people!

i use disabled parking and if you saw me you would swear i was fit as a flea . what you cant see is that i have had four heart attacks , arthiritus in the spine and kidney failure .

i always use my parking badge when i need to and i check others i also see many people look at me as if to say hes parking there when not disabled in fact even when they have seen my badge one couple said do you mknow its illegal to use a parking badge belonging to someone else ,it was only when i show them the photo on the badge and explain they were happy .

as said on here by others

a disability is not always visible

Most of the non-disabled people are clearly identifyable by there lack of disabilty parking badge.

Arent you a nice understanding person, please see all the above posts about disability not always being apparent :rant: :rant:

I only block in people who park in disabled bays whilst not displaying a blue bage, please open your eyes before your mouth, or are you registered blind?

My wife is registered disabled due to Polycystic Kidney Disease (Google that), so I do have an understanding of disabilities not always being apparent.

and anybody who thinks the system isnt abused is living in cuckoo land

what evidence do you have that shows this rampant abuse?

I've seen a few cars without disabled badges park in disabled slots, and that annoys me because someone who needs the space might come along and find it taken.

I've never seen a disabled badge holder buying a ladder from B&Q though.

mobility is paid in 2 parts, one half is paid for the care of the disabled, which is not much when bills and food has to be paid and the other half goes on a car or scooter,

so you see we are not rich as people may think. This is why we get free parking to help.

If i took my grandaughter to alton towers for the day then it would cost me the same as you to get in, where as you can go on the rides , i cant, so where does this make sense.

When we go to coastal resorts the disabled parking is not free, in some it is free for the first 3 hours, then we have to pay.

I became disabled in 1988 through meningitis, one day it may be your turn , as no one knows whats round the corner for them, will you still have a chip on your shoulder THEN mufc.

:clap: :clap:

well said.

My late uncle had mesothelioma (asbestos related lung cancer) and could not walk more than a few steps before needing to catch his breath.

because of his steroid medications, he looked plump, hale, and hearty. (it was just his terrible blue lips that gave anyone a clue that he might have a problem.)

On our last family holiday together, in Scarborough he parked, using his disabled permit orange badge(they were orange back then) in the parking bay on the seafront. (there was no way he could have walked up or down the hils there) and despite displaying his badge, he got a ticket. apparently disabled parking badges were not valid on the seafront.

He complained, saying "What the heck? You mean to tell me I suddenly became non-disabled just because I want to stand on the seafront and look at the sea and the beach?" But they would not waive the parking fine, even for a man who was terminally ill... The swines.

Ridiculous!

re alton towers:- my ex took me to Crich Tramway Museum, and it would have cost me the same to go in as him, but without the benefit of me being able to travel on any of the trams!! Unfair!

PT

I have a nice solution that I've used on more than one occasion, I've just blocked their car in, if they've said anything then I've responded with "Tough ****"

i can not believe what you have just said, i have only been disabled since 1988 through meningitis, it has ruined me, taken the use of my legs and my writing hand and arm, my ears and my eye sight is going along with a lot of other ailments. t is not us what what should be disabled but the likes of SCUM like YOU.

you will soon change your tune when you get older. Then what would happen when the younger end do to you what you are saying to us now.

i can not believe what you have just said, i have only been disabled since 1988 through meningitis, it has ruined me, taken the use of my legs and my writing hand and arm, my ears and my eye sight is going along with a lot of other ailments. t is not us what what should be disabled but the likes of SCUM like YOU.

you will soon change your tune when you get older. Then what would happen when the younger end do to you what you are saying to us now.

I think you've misunderstood Howie's comment juliediane- he was using his car (with blue badge) to temporarily block in people who were obviously able bodied but abusing the disabled parking bays, in order to allow space to get his wife and her wheelchair out of the car.