Disabled parking bays? Why???

Perhaps because thismoney is never intended to cover parking costs? What if they got more money but had to pay parking, would you still be as upset?

Wilf

they are probably better off than i am. and i get no allowancies.

They also have a lot more expenses.

Want to live a week in the shoes of a disabled person, I'm sure you feel less hard done to.

Do you want me to go on?

Wilf

Its not money for nothing you know, its there to pay for extras like people to do the shopping if you cant go out, drivers if you get mobility etc, its there to give a person a half decent standard of living and some independance

They also have a lot more expenses.

Want to live a week in the shoes of a disabled person, I'm sure you feel less hard done to.

Do you want me to go on?

Wilf

you dont know what my expenses are big mouth.

why are people allowed to use disabled parking bays when they are no more disabled than i am???

In what way are you disabled?:huh:

you dont know what my expenses are big mouth.

No but I can guarantee the money going to a disabled person isn't just being frittered away like you make it sound.

Wilf

ho hum ho hum...i'll say it asgain for those that don't understand english....I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST DISABLED PEOPLE USING DESIGNATED CAR PARKING BAYS..I DON;T AGREE THAT NON DISABLED CAN USE THEM EVEN IF THEY HAVE A BADGE(AND PROBABLY A FREE MOBILITY CAR AND A SATELLITE TELEVISION)...WHEN I SAY NON DISABLED I MEAN THE "DISABLED" THAT PARK IN THE BAND Q CAR PARK,BUY THEMSELVES A LADDER.TAKE IT HOME AND FIX A TELEVISION AERIAL ON THEIR CHIMNEY...THIS TYPE OF DISABLED PERSON IS VERY MUCH DIFFERENT TO ONE IN A WHEELCHAIRWITH A DEGENERATIVE DEBILITATING ILLNESS LIKE MOTOR NEURONE,RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS,MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS,STROKE,HEART ATTACK OR THE LIKE

ho hum ho hum...i'll say it asgain for those that don't understand english....I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST DISABLED PEOPLE USING DESIGNATED CAR PARKING BAYS..I DON;T AGREE THAT NON DISABLED CAN USE THEM EVEN IF THEY HAVE A BADGE(AND PROBABLY A FREE MOBILITY CAR AND A SATELLITE TELEVISION)...WHEN I SAY NON DISABLED I MEAN THE "DISABLED" THAT PARK IN THE BAND Q CAR PARK,BUY THEMSELVES A LADDER.TAKE IT HOME AND FIX A TELEVISION AERIAL ON THEIR CHIMNEY...THIS TYPE OF DISABLED PERSON IS VERY MUCH DIFFERENT TO ONE IN A WHEELCHAIRWITH A DEGENERATIVE DEBILITATING ILLNESS LIKE MOTOR NEURONE,RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS,MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS,STROKE,HEART ATTACK OR THE LIKE

But how can you tell they are going to do all these things, or are those just the assumptions going on in your mind? you might have seen someone go buy a ladder but did you follow them home, note the sky dish and peer through their windows then watch them climb on the roof?

Wilf

There's always someone ready to have a good old moan- why not count your blessings that you're not disabled??

If it get's your goat that much, next time you see someone who you think doesn't qualify for a disabled space, report them to the establishment concerned, or a traffic warden. I am sure you will feel a lot better for it!!

its nice to see my two posts have got the top and runners up spots in the view new posts list:thumbsup:

But how can you tell they are going to do all these things, or are those just the assumptions going on in your mind? you might have seen someone go buy a ladder but did you follow them home, note the sky dish and peer through their windows then watch them climb on the roof?

Wilf

....well...having seen all these rants i can only assume that you lot are the people who park in the disabled bays (with your authorising badges of course)and then go play football in concord park on saturday afternoons

what puzzles me, is why they get free parking, when they get mobility and all the allowancies.

Do we have to make allowances for someone who is perfectly capable of managing to walk from any parking spot, unlike someone with a mobility or other allied problem, which usually necessitates needing to park near-ish on to their destination? (anyone with a disab', hidden or visible)

The blue parking badge I have been allocated, means that, even if it's a chargeable parking space, if I have to park nearby to my destination, I am not penalised for being unable to manage to walk to my destination; I can at least get near enough.

to the poster who says "the disabled get their car free on motability".. erm.. no... the disabled person pays for that car out of their allowance. if the car is free, then the money taken from your bank for your mortgage/ rent by d-d means that your rent or mortgage is also "free"

PT