Disabled parking bays? Why???

why are people allowed to use disabled parking bays when they are no more disabled than i am???

Disability is not always a visual thing, many people are classed as disabled as they have mental health problems. My mum is disabled and unless she has her portable oxygen tanks, or wheelchair out of the car you wouldnt know

Just because a person isnt missing a leg or an arm etc doesnt mean that they are not disabled :loopy:

Disability is not always a visual thing, many people are classed as disabled as they have mental health problems. My mum is disabled and unless she has her portable oxygen tanks, or wheelchair out of the car you wouldnt know

Just because a person isnt missing a leg or an arm etc doesnt mean that they are not disabled :loopy:

ah... then if your mother is disabled she is being denied a place in a disabled car park...because the bulk of the disabled that park in those places are not disabled at all...ive seen them coming out of wickes carrying big bags of plaster...and if somebody is mentally ill it doesnt mean they can't walk does it!!!

This is a subject i feel very strongly about and an argument im not going to have - just remember that if your're deaf or blind you can also walk would you deny those people too

Just because someone doesn't look disabled to you doesn't mean they aren't disabled. Disability awareness is one of my main job roles.

My friend has the best disability rights t shirt, it says "I may not look disabled but you don't look stupid, lets call it even" written on it. Sums up my thoughts exactly.

Wilf, Disabled STudents Offficer, Manchester Metropolitan Students' Union

Just because someone doesn't look disabled to you doesn't mean they aren't disabled. Disability awareness is one of my main job roles.

My friend has the best disability rights t shirt, it says "I may not look disabled but you don't look stupid, lets call it even" written on it. Sums up my thoughts exactly.

Wilf, Disabled STudents Offficer, Manchester Metropolitan Students' Union

Well said :D

what puzzles me, is why they get free parking, when they get mobility and all the allowancies.

This is a subject i feel very strongly about and an argument im not going to have - just remember that if your're deaf or blind you can also walk would you deny those people too
..definitely not no...i dont have any problem with the genuine disabled using them...its the scroungers parking there i can't stick..

wilf, I soooooo want one of those t-shirts,

where can I get one from?

Please? pleasepleasepleaseplease? (*jumps up and down!*)

Please?

PT

what puzzles me, is why they get free parking, when they get mobility and all the allowancies.

Perhaps because thismoney is never intended to cover parking costs? What if they got more money but had to pay parking, would you still be as upset?

Wilf

wilf, I soooooo want one of those t-shirts,

where can I get one from?

Please? pleasepleasepleaseplease? (*jumps up and down!*)

Please?

PT

Give me another academic year and we'll see, you might get a suprise!

Wilf

I'm with you on this one too Salster...

Disability covers far more than people missing a limb!

And everything is not always as it appears....

Regarding mental health issues, disability and parking. If you knew anything at all about severe mental illness i.e Paranoid Schizophrenia, you'd think differently. I worked with people with mental health problems for a number of years and I can tell you that the spaces were, on occasions, invaluable.

I agree there will be a few who use disabled spaces when they really shouldn't. That's for them and their conscience to deal with.

Stagey.