Massive Bird of Prey in Stannington

Did anyone see, what I believe was a Buzzard, on High Riggs Road, Stannington, last Monday or Tuesday ? Whatever it was, it was the biggest Bird of Prey, I have seen close-up, in the wild

Yeah I've been seeing, and hearing, Buzzards around.

there are a few knocking about at Westwood country park at High Green, and I spotted an enormous one round junction 37 when I was driving up the motorway mid-week

I can't remember ever seeing the numbers around these days so they must be on the increase

I see them all over the place...

Maybe I just notice these things? If I commented on every buzzard I saw I'd probably get kicked off the forum for overuse :hihi:

Saw one on a fence post in the valley down Finkle Street way on Tuesday!

Seen and heard quite a few in crystal peaks area . Think its great they are making a comeback

Seen quite a few around the handsworth seem to be on the comeback

Good to see been told nesting around the clumber park area

See them birley Carr area all the time,have to be careful because I have two little dogs and understand they would take them

was it our ozzie the owl flexing his wings ,ready for the new season after his summers rest,reckon he will be busy clapping his wings this season for all our goals.

There are loads of buzzards around. At High Riggs, Loxley, Bradfield etc They've become really quite plentiful. I often see up to 3 circling over Loxley. And yes they are huge, apparently not far off the size of a golden eagle

Edited by NewBiz

We were sat outside in Firth Park one night last week watching three circling above us. They seemed to be over towards Concord park.

I often see Buzzards being harassed by crows.