No Live away games for Owls fans on Radio Sheffield

Theyve said on Radio Sheffield that Wednesday matches against other local teams will still be broadcast.

Key point for me is the thinking behind this.

The management at SWFC are looking to get fans to listen to the commentary on the SWFC In house house "ifollow" commentary - at a cost to each subscriber.

Another means of getting more money out of hard pressed fans' pockets. Given the increase in the cost of the kits, costs of season tickets etc.

The only club not to agree which says something about the increasingly commercial thrust of Wednesday irrespective of what it means to the fans

Not knowing what the fee is that BBC ((in this case Radio Sheffield) pay for the commentary but instead of SWFC receiving 90% of previous fees they have now decided to receive nothing at all. Now I can understand not being too happy about only receiving 90% but surely this would be better than zero. And so, out of 62, SWFC have joined the merry band of one in rejecting the new fees.

However, it is still possible to receive commentary via 'iFollow Wednesday' for £4.49 per month. Thank you but no thanks, I have decided that a free commentary was better than having to fork out £4.49 per month so I have taken the financial decision to spend nothing.

Would appear to be yet another example of the chairman being completely and utterly out of touch with the supporters, what with the shambolic kits fiasco of last year and repeated again this year plus an increase in admission. Also what happened to the idea of not changing the shirt design every season? I wonder when the next redesign will occur? In the new year perhaps after parents have bought the 'old' kit as Christmas presents?

Not knowing what the fee is that BBC ((in this case Radio Sheffield) pay for the commentary but instead of SWFC receiving 90% of previous fees they have now decided to receive nothing at all. Now I can understand not being too happy about only receiving 90% but surely this would be better than zero. And so, out of 62, SWFC have joined the merry band of one in rejecting the new fees.

However, it is still possible to receive commentary via 'iFollow Wednesday' for £4.49 per month. Thank you but no thanks, I have decided that a free commentary was better than having to fork out £4.49 per month so I have taken the financial decision to spend nothing.

Would appear to be yet another example of the chairman being completely and utterly out of touch with the supporters, what with the shambolic kits fiasco of last year and repeated again this year plus an increase in admission. Also what happened to the idea of not changing the shirt design every season? I wonder when the next redesign will occur? In the new year perhaps after parents have bought the 'old' kit as Christmas presents?

Don't all clubs change their shirt design every season? I don't know because I never buy one.

I don't listen to radio commentaries either. Can't stand the way they get over excited about what turn out to be half or nothing chances when you watch it back.

Don't all clubs change their shirt design every season? I don't know because I never buy one.

I don't listen to radio commentaries either. Can't stand the way they get over excited about what turn out to be half or nothing chances when you watch it back.

You may well be right about shirt design but thought it used to be at least 2 years back in the day when quality material and manufacturing was used.

I assume you will not be forking out on the ifollow feed then :thumbsup:

Yea I am a BLADE and it is very rare I go on your pages to comment about anything that goes on at Sheff 6.I think this news is another kick in the teeth for your loyalty to your club.I would think the very same way if it affected my club ,I am not trying to score points having a pop at your club but I find it stinks of I could not care a toss about you fans i want money money out of your pocket attitude.I know Owls fans who go regular to Sheff 6 but can not make away games and listen to Radio Sheff with out fail after all they are fans of the owls and will be way after your owner has left.To charge you lot to listen to away matches smacks of money money money grab grab grab attitude.Do you fans REALLY think he is a fan ?No way in my mind .Don't get me wrong half of our lot in the board room are not fans I just hope and pray that the ongoing fighting at the lane will not leave us with an owner who is just here for the money and ends up ripping us off to.It is time in my mind that you fans start to get your club back like we have been given our club back mainly because of Wilder but that could all change depending on who wins the court battle.If it goes wrong we could be in your position to.

You may well be right about shirt design but thought it used to be at least 2 years back in the day when quality material and manufacturing was used.

I assume you will not be forking out on the ifollow feed then :thumbsup:

Correct, it used to be two years. And correct, I won't be forking out for ifollow, whatever that is.

They get my season ticket money and that's it. Don't buy a programme and I won't even buy one of their overpriced pies.

Perhaps I should change my user name to Ebenezer. :)

Correct, it used to be two years. And correct, I won't be forking out for ifollow, whatever that is.

They get my season ticket money and that's it. Don't buy a programme and I won't even buy one of their overpriced pies.

Perhaps I should change my user name to Ebenezer. :)

No not true Jim it is your owner who is showing traits of Ebenezer.

Shocking - basics trying to bribe fans to pay for "ifollow" what about the old ones who cant get to games and listen to radio . Chansiri is scoring a OG on a number of things shirt prices,ticket prices, membership, and Radio - He cant moan if fans vote with there feet soon and not go to games !!!

Someone has started a petition to get the club to change their mind. I can't post a link as for some reason I am unable to open any web pages on The Star website.

As madness once said go away your an EMBARRASSMENT.

Players

Shocking - basics trying to bribe fans to pay for "ifollow" what about the old ones who cant get to games and listen to radio . Chansiri is scoring a OG on a number of things shirt prices,ticket prices, membership, and Radio - He cant moan if fans vote with there feet soon and not go to games !!!

Not go to games ! Don't tell me it's getting as bad as Wed'y fans against Chansiri or Blackpool fans against the Oytston's.

Edited by St Petre
Add