No Live away games for Owls fans on Radio Sheffield

There is a link earlier in the thread, post 51.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42873526

They have to find the extra money from somewhere so I expect some of the £7.5m is from the cut to the EFL.

Its wrong cutting the football league payments, if anything they should of given less to the prem to fund a bigger payment for the football league. In the end as always though its the fans that lose out

Its wrong cutting the football league payments, if anything they should of given less to the prem to fund a bigger payment for the football league. In the end as always though its the fans that lose out

The BBC can't see further than the PL they not bothered about anything else. If you watch the news once they have mentioned the PL they go onto the Scottish PL. Only time they are interested in clubs outside the PL is when it is the FA Cup.

When I was looking at the schedule here wasn't even a final score on the BBC today, I put BBC on and the red button said rowing. Wouldn't have happened if there had been PL matches being played.

Edited by iansheff

The BBC can't see further than the PL they not bothered about anything else. If you watch the news once they have mentioned the PL they go onto the Scottish PL. Only time they are interested in clubs outside the PL is when it is the FA Cup.

There wasn't even a final score on the BBC today when I looked, when I looked at the red button it said rowing. Wouldn't have happened if there had been PL matches being played.

Yep, you're right Ian. BBC football didn't matter today. At all.

Also 'The Warm Up' on TalkSPORT this morning was two hours of Man U , Man c, Arsenal, Chels and the Charity Shield game tomorrow.

So what TalkSPORT was warming up to, God knows.

I think Sunderland were mentioned, but other than that, nothing.

Let them have the Premier League, I'm ok with where we are, the best League in Europe.

I'm finding it evermore difficult to support Chansiri though.

The sooner we have a new owner, the better. He's not a football man, not by any stretch.

Yep, you're right Ian. BBC football didn't matter today. At all.

Also 'The Warm Up' on TalkSPORT this morning was two hours of Man U , Man c, Arsenal, Chels and the Charity Shield game tomorrow.

So what TalkSPORT was warming up to, God knows.

I think Sunderland were mentioned, but other than that, nothing.

Let them have the Premier League, I'm ok with where we are, the best League in Europe.

I'm finding it evermore difficult to support Chansiri though.

The sooner we have a new owner, the better. He's not a football man, not by any stretch.

Do you know mate I agree with everything you have said.Stuff the premier full of actors and cheats with a sprinkling of male models and divers.Also your owner should wear a mask,I do not think it is anything to do with a 10%cut from the BEEB it is a chance to get an extra fiver of everyone.Lets face it 10%of 7.5 million shared out by 64 clubs is nothing.

Been on BBC today MoTD is back next Saturday blah blah blah, there are only 6 matches on Saturday in the PL. Mind you I expect there will be less than that some Saturdays the way the TV companies control when matches are played.

Edited by iansheff

Shocking for you owls how can they do that to you..

Can anyone confirm the amount in cash we are talking, i was informed its a £10,000 reduction on the fee per season !

Am sure the Sky contributions are more than fair to compensate for such a small loss.

Again a bad board judgement , at a diservice to the fan base !

Do you know mate I agree with everything you have said.Stuff the premier full of actors and cheats with a sprinkling of male models and divers.Also your owner should wear a mask,I do not think it is anything to do with a 10%cut from the BEEB it is a chance to get an extra fiver of everyone.Lets face it 10%of 7.5 million shared out by 64 clubs is nothing.

Cheers Chaz!

It's not just this decision, it's loads of 'decisions' for the last couple of years.

I retract my wish for Chansiri to go, he doesn't deserve my wrath. He's great with his backing of the Manager, and he's not slow to put his money down, but bless him, he still doesn't know enough about the game, and whoever is advising him, seems to know even less. His next signing needs to be a good football person who's also a good 'strategy' person. I can't suggest anyone, but I hope he finds one.

Can anyone confirm the amount in cash we are talking, i was informed its a £10,000 reduction on the fee per season !

Am sure the Sky contributions are more than fair to compensate for such a small loss.

Again a bad board judgement , at a diservice to the fan base !

I'm not sure there's a 'Board' with any opinion Poundy.

I seem to think Wilder's advising Chansiri, and DC doesn't know who Wilder is. :hihi:

Chansisri, as an owner, is brilliant, but he doesn't know some bad decisions when they smack him in the face.

The BBC decision will lose Wednesday loads and loads of future supporters, and some will even follow United to get some sort of coverage of some sort of Sheffield football on away matchdays.

Football Heaven will become 'The Sheffield United Show' and that, obviously will suit fans less and less interested in 'that club that's never on the radio'

Russian Roulette by Chansiri with a bullet in every chamber.

It appears that a few measly thousand quid is vastly important to the 'Chansiri Brand'.

Dej, it's not. let it go.

---------- Post added 21-08-2018 at 12:53 ----------

I noticed somewhere on line yesterday that this 'ifollow' thingymebob is being pushed and promoted by a lot of clubs at the moment.

Maybe DC is right and most clubs will revert to his way of thinking next season.

The death of proper football is nigh ...........................

But we've known that since Murdoch first got involved.

We older 'uns did warn ya, but we were ignored.

Edited by Hotmale 1954