No Live away games for Owls fans on Radio Sheffield

Players

Not go to games ! Don't tell me it's getting as bad as Wed'y fans against Chansiri or Blackpool fans against the Oystons

---------- Post added 03-08-2018 at 19:02 ----------

Money ,money money coming-out of Bramall Lane after the millions that they have trousered over the last twenty years must be the biggest case of cover the gob and shout full up:hihi:.

What money Albert ? Especially twenty years ago.

The fisherman used his bait and pulled you all in, you're in the net now and he's no intentions of releasing his catch.

Edited by jjjker

As for not being able to hear Wednesday's away games, sometimes in my life it was a blessing !

On the BBC sports website, it always says live commentary on Radio 5 for all games. Now I can't get that here so I, occasionally follow live text commentary on my computer, if I have nothing better to do or when Wednesday was in the playoffs. Just curious as to why you have to rely on Radio Sheffield, and why does one have to pay for BBC programming when you still have to buy that daft license.:huh:

On the BBC sports website, it always says live commentary on Radio 5 for all games. Now I can't get that here so I, occasionally follow live text commentary on my computer, if I have nothing better to do or when Wednesday was in the playoffs. Just curious as to why you have to rely on Radio Sheffield, and why does one have to pay for BBC programming when you still have to buy that daft license.:huh:

Mr.T. If you are referring to licenses for a radio, that practice was abolished in 1971 The same day as dog licenses, (honest !).

Mr.T. If you are referring to licenses for a radio, that practice was abolished in 1971 The same day as dog licenses, (honest !).

I know that but they still pay license fees to the BBC which covers all their operations including radio, surely.

I know that but they still pay license fees to the BBC which covers all their operations including radio, surely.

Don't think so, the license was paid to the government ( Post Office Telecommunications) and then passed on to the BBC.

Well done Wednesday, the BBC are screwing clubs outside the Premier League to pay for the increased costs of covering the Premier League. Fair play DC whilst all the others stand fort eggundertat.

I was annoyed by this earlier but having read a little more into it the above poster is correct the cost for covering the greedy Premier League has increased so they are trying to make up the shortfall by dropping the money for the Championship, can I ask for a 10% drop in the license fee???

Hopefully other clubs will also make a stand, RS almost survives on its football coverage.

Don't bite the hand.

Don't think so, the license was paid to the government ( Post Office Telecommunications) and then passed on to the BBC.

The POT were those people that came around areas in yellow vans with big detectors on top to catch the license dodgers.

Well done Wednesday, the BBC are screwing clubs outside the Premier League to pay for the increased costs of covering the Premier League. Fair play DC whilst all the others stand fort eggundertat.

So Chansiri is making a one man brave stand against the mighty bbc? The 10% decrease must be an affront to his dignity.

Pity its the fans who are going to suffer, now they've got to pay for an internet only commentary - a commentary that was previously free to hear on the radio in the garden, whilst driving or even surreptitiously at work ;)

Shame he doesnt seem to think that the massive price hike he has implimented to the membership scheme is screwing the loyal fans.

So Chansiri is making a one man brave stand against the mighty bbc? The 10% decrease must be an affront to his dignity.

Pity its the fans who are going to suffer, now they've got to pay for an internet only commentary - a commentary that was previously free to hear on the radio in the garden, whilst driving or even surreptitiously at work ;)

Shame he doesnt seem to think that the massive price hike he has implimented to the membership scheme is screwing the loyal fans.

Is he making a stand, or has he seen pound signs flashing before his eyes regarding the ifollow service???