Should we sell to try to meet FFP?

Our day of reckoning has arrived, we now await the verdict. Between now and thursday are going to be interesting times.

Our day of reckoning has arrived, we now await the verdict. Between now and thursday are going to be interesting times.

I think Westwood is as good as gone (bad news IMO) I think there may also be another big name to go.

its a silly rule our owner is never going to go bankrupt so why is it a problem if he wishs to go head to head with those with parachute payments ect,its madness and unfair to tell the whole world we have to sell as all our assets come down in price,sell westwood and give fletcher away and that could possibly balance the books we hope,but we need a full back as well.

If we are under an embargo surely theres no point selling anyway now. Just take the fine and go with what we have. Wouldn't be too bothered if we lost westwood though

I can’t better this, we are where we are, let the club learn from it’s mistakes, I just wish that there was a definitive set of rules that mere mortals like me could understand.

Well it doesn't look like Derby are letting the FFP bother them. According to SS trahsfer centre Martyn Waghorn is due to have a medical at Derby later today after turning down the chance to join Middlesbrough. Derby matched Boro’s bid of £5m, and the player has now agreed personal terms with the East Midlands club.

Wilder saying on SS, about Waghorn…

“He’s a player that interests us but we’ve been blown out of the water in terms of the wages that the club he’s going to have offered. We can’t break our wage structure and we couldn’t go to the fee Ipswich wanted.”

Makes you wonder how much they will be paying him at Derby.

Edited by iansheff

Well it doesn't look like Derby are letting the FFP bother them. According to SS trahsfer centre Martyn Waghorn is due to have a medical at Derby later today after turning down the chance to join Middlesbrough. Derby matched Boro’s bid of £5m, and the player has now agreed personal terms with the East Midlands club.

“He’s a player that interests us but we’ve been blown out of the water in terms of the wages that the club he’s going to have offered. We can’t break our wage structure and we couldn’t go to the fee Ipswich wanted.”

Sheffield United must be one of the richest clubs in the championship what with all the big transfer fees they have trousered from sales of young players over the years add to this the Saudi oil billions at the disposal of their Royal Prince , the millions owned by Mcabe plus around 28,000 through the gate all this talk about being skint is pulling the wool over supporters eyes.

Derby must be clear of FFP at the moment.Their latest set of accounts show they "only" lost £8mil in 16/17.Crazy i know but its probably average for the Championship.

As for his wages; i bet its well over £30k a week.

Derby must be clear of FFP at the moment.Their latest set of accounts show they "only" lost £8mil in 16/17.Crazy i know but its probably average for the Championship.

As for his wages; i bet its well over £30k a week.

Derby have bought six players sold one and released two this summer, they must be very close to the FFP.

Thought Villa were in trouble with the FFP, but they have had a £6m bid for Bristol City defender Joe Bryan accepted

Edited by iansheff

Derby have bought six players sold one and released two this summer, they must be very close to the FFP.

Thought Villa were in trouble with the FFP, but they have had a £6m bid for Bristol City defender Joe Bryan accepted

It might be the ridiculous parachute payments that are keeping them afloat at the moment.