Traffic lights ?

Does anyone know what the square boxes in top of traffic lights are? And also the circle looking cameras?

A quick google tells us, "The one facing down towards the pavement detects if a pedestrian walks away after pressing the button, and cancels the lights changing. The one facing sideways onto the crossing detects a pedestrian's progress across the road, and holds the lights at red (within reason) until they make it to the other side.

As for the ones facing cars, at pedestrian crossings they monitor for gaps in traffic so the lights change to red when oncoming traffic is less busy, avoiding holding up too much traffic. At junctions, they detect a vehicle arriving at a red light and register the need for those lights to change to green."

Another google reveals 20 different cameras, maybe one of these is the one you ask about,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2930654/Know-enemy-Incredibly-20-different-kinds-cameras-spying-motorists-spot-spot-you.html

If the above info is correct I have no idea.

Angel1

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

A quick google tells us, "The one facing down towards the pavement detects if a pedestrian walks away after pressing the button, and cancels the lights changing. The one facing sideways onto the crossing detects a pedestrian's progress across the road, and holds the lights at red (within reason) until they make it to the other side.

As for the ones facing cars, at pedestrian crossings they monitor for gaps in traffic so the lights change to red when oncoming traffic is less busy, avoiding holding up too much traffic. At junctions, they detect a vehicle arriving at a red light and register the need for those lights to change to green."

Another google reveals 20 different cameras, maybe one of these is the one you ask about,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2930654/Know-enemy-Incredibly-20-different-kinds-cameras-spying-motorists-spot-spot-you.html

If the above info is correct I have no idea.

Angel1

Thanks i did have a look but i didn't see any posts