New camera at Dore ?

Thanks for clarifying,so SYP can now put ANPR or moving traffic offence cameras up without Council approval or permission or signage ?

Police can put up ANPR cameras where they like. They don’t need Council approval.

Police don’t enforce moving traffic offences (ie banned turns, box junctions) by camera.

Safety Camera partnership operate fixed speed and Red light cameras.

Interesting article, penned by their Transport Editor, no less. He sounds like that twit Clarkson:

Motorists face having to pay millions of pounds in fines after councils are given the power to use road cameras to punish minor traffic offences.

From the end of next month, town halls will be able to cash in on motorists drifting into bus lanes, ignoring no right-turn signs and getting trapped in box junctions. Even parking more than 19in from a kerb can be picked up by camera and trigger a fine of £60.

How about we rewrite it like so:

Stupid drivers will be fined millions of pounds if they're caught driving in bus lanes, ignoring no right-turn signs, blocking yellow-box junctions and parking in the middle of the road.

That doesn't sound so bad now, does it?

Can I have my writers fee please?

On a related subject it sounds like someone on this thread may know the answer to a question puzzling me. A few weeks ago I was caught in a 24 hour bus lane in Leicester and issued with a fine of 30 pounds through the post. It was 9.05pm on a Friday night. Firstly I didn’t know such a thing as a 24 hr bus lane existed and certainly not outside London. How common are they and what is the justification for the all day/all night label.

Police can put up ANPR cameras where they like. They don’t need Council approval.

Police don’t enforce moving traffic offences (ie banned turns, box junctions) by camera.

Safety Camera partnership operate fixed speed and Red light cameras.

So we got there in the end then,as I suspected its a SYP ANPR camera tracking cars into and possibly out of Derbyshire,that should help with a lot of the crime we’ve been experiencing.

On a related subject it sounds like someone on this thread may know the answer to a question puzzling me. A few weeks ago I was caught in a 24 hour bus lane in Leicester and issued with a fine of 30 pounds through the post. It was 9.05pm on a Friday night. Firstly I didn’t know such a thing as a 24 hr bus lane existed and certainly not outside London. How common are they and what is the justification for the all day/all night label.

They are common in other places as far as I know.

I'd argue that all bus lanes should be 24 hours as that gives the motorist a consistent message that they should not be in that lane. That avoids the "confusion" which motorists who have been fined often claim.

There has been several deaths on that stretch, the memorial to Matt and Adam (with the SWFC colours) is the hardest for me to swallow as they were my son’s mates. A professional racing driver was also killed on it, I drive down it most days and can’t see the problem. :confused:

The whole section has been "eased" since that crash. It used to have much more camber and bend than it does now.....

it sounds a bit odd ,at eckington they have several speed cameras on the village main road.