Self storage in Sheffield MEGATHREAD no self promotion/quotes

Hi,

Try either Admirals for container self storage, 0800 093 4027 and speak to Mark, or Armadillo for inside self storage.(0114) 272 0988, speak to Dan. Both are very good facilities and allow good access when you like at no charge. Admirals have 24 hour access via key fob and CCTV. For removals, if you need them, try Avante Removals 0114 288 8314, http://www.avanteremovals.co.uk

Hi there

We have just stored stuff with Armadillo and are pleased with the facilities. We have lots of vinyl records and other stuff we didn't want to 'expose' to outside container storage. The other thing is that if you ring round a few local places and get quotes Armadillo will match the lowest price you find (well they did for us!) but are much more convenient because they are city centre based and you can access your stored stuff as often as you want for no extra charge - so we've been putting things in as we've sorted out more stuff. Hope this helps!

Tamsin

Many thanks! We ended up renting a house with a garage and one more bedroom than we needed, so managed to avoid having to use a storage place. Moved in last Friday, having moved away from Sheffield eight years ago. Must say I'm glad we've done it!

We are moving out of our home and need to put some stuff in storage.

Where is the best place to try?

We used SBS. stuff was stored for 4 mths. nothing broken, lads were very nice. Price was just right (they moved us up from the midlands, stored our whole house contents and delivered stuff back to us when we'd found a place to buy)

And if so, where, was it value for money, did you feel it was secure.

Recommendations please, and also ones to avoid! I need to store approx 2 room's worth of stuff.

I used apollo a couple of years ago (Westbar) - was pretty good although the opening times were a bit stupid (I.e. closed all day Sunday and only open for a few hours on Saturday) - not good for people who work in the week

Its called Armadillo now - still has stupid opening times.

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm

Saturday: 9am - 4pm

Tanya...ring sbs they will store it and doing good deals for forum users..ring bev 2574700

I used Armadillo, mentioned in one of the previous posts, last year. They were very good, both in terms of security and value for money; the service was always good, too. If you aren't too bothered about accessing your stuff in the evenings or on Sundays, then they are worth considering. PLus aside from the West Bar one, which has been around for a while, there is also another one opened on the Parkway - info here (click on the branch name on the right)

http://www.armadillostorage.co.uk/

My mum just stored all of her worldly belongings in Armadillo for 8 months near Nunnery sq tram stop (Parkway depot). They were very secure with really helpful and friendly staff she had her own keys to her own lock up room. There was lots of trollies to use for moving things in and lots of huge great security doors. Nothing had to be carried up any flights of stairs. I think its safer than anyones house ever could be. Theres enough parking in its grounds to make loading/unloading easy, and she had no problems with giving stupid notice periods when she needed to move her stuff on. Id recommend it.

We used SBS.

We had to put almost all our worldy possessions into storage when we moved up from the midlands (we stayed with family till we found and bought a house). It was in storage for around 5 months. the staff were top notch, and nothing lost/broken (which is a bonus...lol)

Storage was in three large wooden 'crates' and everything wrapped up nice and tight. Secure place. and I reckon value for money :thumbsup:

Hi

I am looking for quotes on secure storage for all my household items as i am relocating to sheffield a bit earlier than i would have liked. I need a place i can store all my household items for atleast 2 weeks while i sort out my permanent accomodation in Sheffield. Any ideas? If you have storage text or call me on 07903918687, as i would like to move everything this weekend Saturday or Sunday