Self storage in Sheffield MEGATHREAD no self promotion/quotes

Big Yell storage but that'll be expensive long term. Maybe you could consider 'loaning' it out? Let somebody else have it until you move house and have room for it again.

I second Big Yellow Storage, ideal location being in Hillsborough and I believe you can access it whenever you want to.

If you happen to be an NCT member I have an offer code.

Thank you both for your replies. I'll get a quote from Big Yellow and there is one person I could ask to see if they will store it for me. I'm not an NCT member chicky, but thank you.

Were using a place up near Handsworth for storage. Greens Removals.

Pretty cheap. No complaints yet.

I've had an excellent quote from this company for moving and storage of my piano. Has anybody else used them? Are they any good?

Where is the cheapest self store

---------- Post added 23-07-2015 at 11:16 ----------

In rotherham forgot to put

---------- Post added 23-07-2015 at 11:50 ----------

In rotherham

My elderly friend needs some storage space for approximately 4-6 months. The big yellow storage space is too expensive. She needs to be able to access it to sort out all her stuff:help:

As I have to leave my shop at the end of the month I need some cheap storage for a short while.

It just needs to be dry and secure, a lock up, garage or a spare room in a shop or business. I have my own shelving if needed

I'm not keen on the Big Yellow type places, does anyone know of anything appropriate in either South Sheffield or City Centre?

There is a container place on bardwell road, opposite the skateboard park which is cheap.

I'm moving abroad in the summer, initially for 2 years, and will be renting out my house. I'll need to store some stuff while I'm away, but although I've looked into different storage facilities, I'm really only guessing at how much space I'd need and that will obviously have a big effect on the cost. I don't want to underestimate it and then find that it's going to be a lot more expensive than I thought, but equally I don't want to overestimate and think it'll be so expensive that I'd be better just getting rid of stuff and buying new things when I come back if that's not actually the case!

I haven't decided whether to rent my house furnished or unfurnished, as it will depend on how much extra it would cost to store furniture as well as my personal belongings. Can anyone who has stored a whole house worth of stuff give me an idea how much space they needed? My house is a 3 bedroom house with a pretty average amount of things in it - if anyone can tell me the size of the storage space they used to store a full house worth of stuff, that would be really helpful.

...I'd be better just getting rid of stuff and buying new things when I come back if that's not actually the case!

Seriously, this is the best option, regardless... crystallise funds now for objects that only depreciate over time anyway, and that will cost you money to do so.

I mean, you might be storing antiques - I get that - but if you're storing a new telly, today, it'll be no use to you when you return... we'll be watching painted-on-the-wall-TVs.

Or invest in a modern 3D printer upon your return and print everything back out.

:)

A lot can happen in 2 years.

I'm not planning on storing anything that would depreciate or can be easily replaced, but I've taken a lot of time and effort over the years furnishing my home how I want it and I don't want to have to do that again in 2 years time. I also have personal belongings that can't be replaced, but that I wouldn't be taking abroad with me, so I'll need to store them.

Does the house have a garage as that would be my first choice. Plastic wrap everything and put secure locks on the garage.