Public litter bins

I actually reported the bin via the council website, didn't even know if it had registered cos when you get to the end and click report no message comes up saying thank you or whatever, but it must have worked cos they emptied it earlier this morning, result!

With fortnightly collections, people are reluctant to put food waste in their own bins in hot weather. Street bins are seen as the answer.

A classic example of idleness/ignorance where litter is concerned is the amount of tickets left on a bus floor when every passenger has to pass the 'used ticket' box to get off. These are probably the same tramps who wouldn't bother actively seeking a bin in the streets.

Not just tickets, but food wrappinga and discarded bottles and drink cans. I really think that eating and drinking anything on short haul buses shouldn't be allowed.

Me and mine are strange in that if the bins are full then we hang on to it and either find another bin or take it home …. but then...… we are educated. Not University by the way … just educated.

I'd have said it was just common sense.

I'd have said it was just common sense.

Or upbringing .... parental education. Common sense says 'get rid of your waste', upbringing / parental education says 'get rid of it responsibly'

But I see where you are coming from.

Well after reporting the fly tipping and full bin to streets ahead yesterday they have been and taken the rubbish away, glad i reported it.

In my experience they will always action any complaint.

Yes, i thought they would action my complaint just not so fast.

The said bin has yet another bag of rubbish next to it now, saw a neighbour who is also fed up of bags being left, apparently some woman round the corner sends her daughter with the bags and the latest one is full of plastic bottles and other stuff which she promptly swung round and flung it to the floor, what is that teaching a child, that this is acceptable!!!!