Crime Wave lawless Britain

Just watched Tv Programme - mainly about all crimes not just in Sheffield ,

And Understrengh Police force have no solution - a lot of it is stabbings/gangs/teenagers - But whats the solution ??

(Not sure what area the lad in Sheffield was knifed does anyone know if he was ok ?)

Just watched Tv Programme - mainly about all crimes not just in Sheffield ,

And Understrengh Police force have no solution - a lot of it is stabbings/gangs/teenagers - But whats the solution ??

(Not sure what area the lad in Sheffield was knifed does anyone know if he was ok ?)

which former Home Sec cut 10,000 police officers ?

Can anybody guess ?

Here’s a clue:

She’s currently doing a terrible job as PM.

Still, a rising crime rate is a small price to pay for tax cuts amounting to £hundreds a year, right folks ?

I mean she must be doing something right, since so many if you voted for her ?

which former Home Sec cut 10,000 police officers ?

21,000 cut since 2010, according to the program.

Still, a rising crime rate is a small price to pay for tax cuts amounting to £hundreds a year, right folks ?

It is about all the other cuts too. Prisons are not rehabilitating enough, people are not being helped when it comes to drugs or hardship, we are being divided by our politicians.

---------- Post added 24-07-2018 at 00:40 ----------

Sweden and Switzerland have around 200 police officers per 100,000 population, England has around 300 police officers per 100,000 population; it's about having a good well-ordered society too, or not as the case may be.

There is no deterrent. Sentences are a joke. I'd hate to be a police officer... putting in all that effort to solve a crime and secure a conviction, only for some out-of-touch judge who lives in the leafy suburbs to give them a slap on the wrist and send them on their way.

Those that do actually go to prison aren't undergoing any real rehabilitation inside, and aren't being supported to keep on the right track after leaving. And let's not forget that prisons in this country are pretty cushy too... three meals a day and a personal PlayStation.

You say all that but in 9 out of 10 crimes, nobody is even charged.

There is no deterrent. Sentences are a joke. I'd hate to be a police officer... putting in all that effort to solve a crime and secure a conviction, only for some out-of-touch judge who lives in the leafy suburbs to give them a slap on the wrist and send them on their way.

Those that do actually go to prison aren't undergoing any real rehabilitation inside, and aren't being supported to keep on the right track after leaving. And let's not forget that prisons in this country are pretty cushy too... three meals a day and a personal PlayStation.

Which is what he said.

Can't blame the police for that.

I am not sure that is true. All the articles I read nowadays talk about overcrowding, horrendous violence and drug addiction in UK prisons. Does not sound fun at all to me.

Lets legalise all crime - problem solved. Oooops sorry thats the solution to drugs.

We don't have police numbers to cope.

Getting them out of cars and police stations, and onto our pavements would be a good start.

Getting them out of cars and police stations, and onto our pavements would be a good start.

Not cutting 21000 or 700 in South Yorkshire wpuld help.