Accident Fox Valley Retail Park 23/07/2018

Just been past and car Park is closed due to an accident with a car & child, air ambulance, police etc. on seen, traffic really slow around there

accident waiting to happen dransfield spent all that money on HIS retail park but put no zebra crossing in place hope the little one is ok and this is a wake up call to all involved

Yes seen quite a few near misses on the roundabout and all delivery trucks parking on the bend with double yellow lines

accident waiting to happen dransfield spent all that money on HIS retail park but put no zebra crossing in place hope the little one is ok and this is a wake up call to all involved

There is a crossing point near to the entrance, but not a zebra .

its not a regonised crossing then is it

Edited by mounts
spelling

Yes seen quite a few near misses on the roundabout and all delivery trucks parking on the bend with double yellow lines

Is this the roundabout at the main entrance, that cut the Stocksbridge bypass in two ?

It does a very good job of slowing down traffic coming into Sheffield from Manchester, since you’re unable to negotiate it at anything above 30mph.

If there have been some near misses there, then somebody isn’t driving safely :nono:

Is this the roundabout at the main entrance, that cut the Stocksbridge bypass in two ?

It does a very good job of slowing down traffic coming into Sheffield from Manchester, since you’re unable to negotiate it at anything above 30mph.

If there have been some near misses there, then somebody isn’t driving safely :nono:

It’s the one with the fox in the middle, people just drove straight across coming from the bypass and others just pull out of Fox Valley, the amount of times we hear screeching and horns beeping is an accident waiting to happen

It’s the one with the fox in the middle, people just drove straight across coming from the bypass and others just pull out of Fox Valley, the amount of times we hear screeching and horns beeping is an accident waiting to happen

oh wow, I never noticed the fox !

I’ll keep an eye out next time I’m passing (usually at night though)

Yes, the screeching of tyres and horns beeping; just another glorious day driving on Sheffield’s roads :D

Any more news on the child’s condition ?

Yes, the screeching of tyres and horns beeping; just another glorious day driving on Sheffield’s roads :D

No idea, not seen anything about it, I was just leaving work as the Air Ambulance and all other services arrived. Hope they are ok, first day of school holidays as well

The kid is ok according to one of the local Stocksbridge Facebook groups, didn't need the air ambulance after all. We were just trying to drive in to Fox Valley not long after it happened and had to turn around.

The entrance to Fox Valley has been an accident waiting to happen... hopefully now they will put some proper crossings in!

Wouldn't be so bad if 90% of the people that go there didn't try and park as close to the entrance as possible.

It's always a nightmare as you first turn in, but 50 yards further on the car park has loads of empty space.

The Fox is not on the bypass roundabout, it's down at the entrance roundabout as you enter the shopping centre.

Angel1.