Cow and Calf closed?

Cow n Calf Greno

Returned from hols to find the establishment locked n bolted

Anyone have any knowledge?? Please

Heard the couple who ran it alledgedly had a fall out and couldnt come to an ammicable deal so both walked away but that was just Facebook gossip so dont know how true it is

Also told pub company have it advertised for new tenureship to takeover

Well the last review on here seems "interesting" to say the least. This was from two weeks ago.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cow-and-Calf/115633248495581

I really hate that, serving your regulars who've just walked in while you've been waiting. Had it done to me a few times, can't get much ruder.

Shame, really nice pub in a nice location.

I really hate that, serving your regulars who've just walked in while you've been waiting. Had it done to me a few times, can't get much ruder.

I agree it is very poor form, I've seen a few scuffles start because crap bar staff have done that.

word is the couple running it had a fallout with Humphrey Smith ,largest shareholder.

The owner of brewery is a very odd chap The problem I find in this pub is the regulars They stand around the bar and look you up and down when you walk in making you feel very uncomfortable and wont move out of the way for you to get served. They think no-one has the right to use thier pub in my opinion. Ive also heard that some them take uppance if you sit in "their" seat This kind of pub belongs in the last century I wish a decent brewery would take it over and give it a complete overhaul as it could be made really nice. . I realise its the regulars that keep some of these pubs open but pubs are for everyone not just a select few.

I don't go to my local because regulars get served first, in my opinion pubs like this deserve to be closed down.

In many cases good bar staff are aware of what the regulars drink, and can serve them much more quickly than a bunch of dithering indecisive newcomers who probably each want a free sample of the beers on offer before deciding what to drink - and then want to pay by card (individually even when in a group).

Seems reasonable to me.,

In many cases good bar staff are aware of what the regulars drink, and can serve them much more quickly than a bunch of dithering indecisive newcomers who probably each want a free sample of the beers on offer before deciding what to drink - and then want to pay by card (individually even when in a group).

Seems reasonable to me.,

what a load of twaddle if you dont mind me saying

Guest makapaka

Rare though isn’t it - certainly not the norm.