Why has religion retained its appeal?

Vaati

This is the final warning this thread will get, any further bickering, baiting or posts that break the forum rules the thread will be closed. Accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

You realise that infamous is a bad thing right? Or have you redefined the word?

Having opinions that differ to most isn't a bad thing Cyclone, they're just opinions; eveybody entitled to an opinion. It's each to their own isn't it?

Take this man-crush you have for me, not eveybody would be as open about it as you've bee, it takes true courage to stand out from the crowd and I admire you for that, regardless of what other posters might think of you because it's each to their own. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Something could be outside the context of time, and have similar properties, a time 2.0 if you like. Just as there could be multiple instances of the universe phenomena, there could be multiple instances of (or dimensions to) 'time'.

Why assume there is only one time phenomena?

Throughout the ages religion has taken different forms,localised idol worship,worship of nature and natural phenomena, depending on the size and socia -economic situation, when the population got to a certain size up comes the idea of one God.Is that because the population needed a more centralised God to cope with the amount of people. I certainly think so.A God that is on everybody's side is very convenient for our super tribes.

Having opinions that differ to most isn't a bad thing Cyclone, they're just opinions; eveybody entitled to an opinion. It's each to their own isn't it?

Take this man-crush you have for me, not eveybody would be as open about it as you've bee, it takes true courage to stand out from the crowd and I admire you for that, regardless of what other posters might think of you because it's each to their own. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You know I really don't like you. I find your illogic, question slipping, word redefining 'debate' to be annoying. I only counter your ridiculous assertions so that someone else isn't mislead.

Opinions are like what kind of body part? Everyone has one, but you shouldn't be showing them in public or talking about them.

The bickering and personal comments end now.

Back on topic please.

You know I really don't like you. I find your illogic, question slipping, word redefining 'debate' to be annoying. I only counter your ridiculous assertions so that someone else isn't mislead.

Opinions are like what kind of body part? Everyone has one, but you shouldn't be showing them in public or talking about them.

It isn't me you dislike Cyclone, you don't know me. Your dislike is for my unwillingness to accept anything and everything that leading experts say irrespective of whether their explanations make sense. I'm supposed to not question the idea of virtual particles popping in and out of existence? Popping in from where? It's nothing more than God bothering nonsense and you know it.

Edited by danot

People have a head and a heart. You think with your head and feel with your heart. There are thinkers on forum who think just like or at least behave as if the heart is not needed at all. But your heart is your main source and connection to religion.

If someone wants to assassinate it is only understandable they usually aim for the heart or the head, both are needed for the body to stay alive.

Science is not going to liberate or free people from religion, that is impossible, it will never ever happen. Religion has physical connections in the body that keep it present and without that part functioning your body will die. Old fashioned religion will get lesser control over politics and society as these people recognise their intellect again. But by using your intellect to leave a believe system you still fail to see what the connection between these two states of interpreting religion is. At the moment society swings to the outer intellectual head denying most connections with the heart and its possible religious aspects.

I say "possible" because most people here will not know or understand religion and think that church, mosque, temple is something religious.

To me the pope is the most unreligious person on this world and priests are just a bunch of lost confused souls who don't know where to look. Getting all intellectual about it again blinds the eyes. Only intelligent people will see it and they are few around, has always been that way. Because only independent individuals are capable of seeing it, not followers of a system or believe.

It isn't me you dislike Cyclone, you don't know me. Your dislike is for my unwillingness to accept anything and everything that leading experts say irrespective of whether their explanations make sense. I'm supposed to not question the idea of virtual particles popping in and out of existence? Popping in from where? It's nothing more than God bothering nonsense and you know it.

It definitely is. It's not your unwillingness to accept, I appreciate cynicism, it's your illogic, you appear literally unable to follow the basic principles of logic or to follow or put forwards a basic argument.

The fact that you think an argument doesn't make sense isn't proof that it doesn't. Perhaps it's proof that you don't understand it... You build towering edices of nonsense on basic misunderstandings and refuse to accept that you can have misunderstood anything when the contradictions are pointed out.

And we end up having 20+ pages of attempting to explain to you how the basis for your theory doesn't make sense.

---------- Post added 15-08-2018 at 09:56 ----------

People have a head and a heart. You think with your head and feel with your heart.

You know that the heart is just a chunk of muscle that pumps blood around? :rolleyes:

You know that the heart is just a chunk of muscle that pumps blood around? :rolleyes:

Sigh, you're the last of the great romantics.

What research have you done on that?

Have you seen what happens when that connections with the heart awakens again during meditation?

But this is something an intellectual will never ever understand.

What research have you done on that?

Have you seen what happens when that connections with the heart awakens again during meditation?

But this is something an intellectual will never ever understand.

Sorry..could you give us that in English?