Best Neighbourhoods in/around Sheffield?

But like I said there are no nice areas in Sheffield because in my opinion it’s a

Dump

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 15:14 ----------

But like I said there are no nice areas in Sheffield because in my opinion it’s a

Dump even when you go to football games the away support sing Sheffield’s a <removed> hole we want to go home!

As you say, that is your opinion. (No one in their right mind would take a football chant as proof of anything).

Most of us feel that Sheffield is a nice place to live. I chose to live in Sheffield over 40 years ago and still like living here.

Edited by nikki-red

Just a bit of tongue in cheek :) but there correct

Dump

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 15:14 ----------

Dump even when you go to football games the away support sing Sheffield’s a <removed> hole we want to go home!

Plenty of nice areas in Sheffield. Whether or not you can afford to buy a house there is a different matter entirely.

Like every city, there are areas that are run down, high crime levels etc, but there are areas which are very affluent, with little or no street crime.

Look I know you like your trees but this thread is about areas of Sheffield that are a dump

Errr, no it isn't. Take another look at the title

"Nice areas to live".

shall I name a few as you say I just picked the single most rundown area how about then wicker pitsmore firvale shiregreen atercliffe Darnall woodhouse tinsley and many many more

Now pick some that are pleasant, I'm sure you can name just as many.

That I would not recommend to live unfortunately I also live in a bad area and like I say if I had more cash I would definitely leave sheffield yesterday and as for the sheffield star they print most things that are correct most items in the star relate to crime in Sheffield as I put in my previous post the city’s and surrounding areas a dump fact

If you think you can gauge crime using the Sheffield Star then you're a can short of a 6 pack.

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 22:19 ----------

Dump

Wadsley, Walkley, Crookes, Stannington, Oughtibridge, Grenoside, Dore, Totley.

That's just off the top of my head.

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 22:20 ----------

I would definitely leave sheffield yesterday

I'm fascinated, where would you go that's so much better?

I guarantee that whatever city you name I will be able to identify the areas like Pitsmore, Attercliffe and Darnall... So then what will your argument be?

Mr controversial just accept sheffield is getting worse it’s a dump and as I have

Said a few times now there is not many nice places left to live,UNLESS you have plenty of money to live on the outskirts of the city

Anywhere would be a start lol

Walkley, crookes beautiful ? Not in my opinion, think these areas are awful and would rather live an area with higher crime rates than in those areas.

Edited by Starlc

Who said "beautiful" the title says "nice".

Lien, you haven't said where you'd be moving to if you had the money... Where is that is so much nicer than any area of Sheffield?

Who said "beautiful" the title says "nice".

Lien, you haven't said where you'd be moving to if you had the money... Where is that is so much nicer than any area of Sheffield?

I don't live in Sheffield anymore I have done a Houdini

whirlow, totley,netheredge ranmoor etc...you may as well be in Surrey..no community spirit..just a load of doctors hiding away from the poor people in their massive houses!!.I live near Worrall/Oughtibridge, it getting over run by middle class people from god knows where, speaking BBC english..they are totally sucking the life out of the place..The middle class mums are like a plague of wasps at the school gate. Their kids are brats because they dare not discipline them and middle class dad too busy road biking to care...Sheffield is finished..like most big cities these days!!

whirlow, totley,netheredge ranmoor etc...you may as well be in Surrey..no community spirit

That's just not true. Those areas don't rely on the council to do it for them, so it happens quietly.

The places with NO community spirit have endless council initiatives and funding to do the most basic things, like not turning the living environment into a ****hole, or preventing street drug use, or painting private shopfronts, or running activities for kids.

You're mixing up community spirit with being told what to do and how to do it.

The "you may as well be in Surrey" is telling. piehunt has probably never been to Surrey, never mind lived there to experience the community spirit (as if an entire county is homogenous anyway).

whirlow, totley,netheredge ranmoor etc...you may as well be in Surrey..no community spirit..just a load of doctors hiding away from the poor people in their massive houses!!.I live near Worrall/Oughtibridge, it getting over run by middle class people from god knows where, speaking BBC english..they are totally sucking the life out of the place..The middle class mums are like a plague of wasps at the school gate. Their kids are brats because they dare not discipline them and middle class dad too busy road biking to care...Sheffield is finished..like most big cities these days!!

I used to live in Ranmoor. Really nice place to live, surrounded by friendly, interesting people.

Have you ever lived in any of the places you've listed?