Best Neighbourhoods in/around Sheffield?

wouldnt touch city road with a barge pole! anythin around meersbrook is daft money, i deal with a couple of agents who give me the nod when somethings coming on so i see it first but the prices are way over the asking so no good for flippers, i looked at one which i thought was worth 95-100 to me needed everything plus structural and no parking on at 135 they have bids at 141:loopy:

If the right kind of people buy and renovate the cheaper properties in the currently unfashionable ares, they then become fashionable, the east end of London is an obvious example. I was recently in Solihull, which used to be a real tip, it has now improved out of all proportion, omelettes and eggs comes to mind. :)

Been in Walkley a while and it seems pretty nice, close to everything. Very terracey though.

Avoid Parsons cross,southey, manor ,manor park wybourne ,gleadless,stanington

---------- Post added 28-07-2018 at 20:42 ----------

woodseats nowhere to park at all

Absolutely. There are a few pockets of non-deprivation sprinkled among the more deprived areas.

On the contrary, there are a few areas of deprivation sprinkled in amongst the non-deprived west of Sheffield.

On the contrary, there are a few areas of deprivation sprinkled in amongst the non-deprived west of Sheffield.

Indeed there are. I mentioned them earlier.

Hi I’m looking to move to the Sheffield area this year from down south and wanted opinions on good places and maybe place to avoid.

Not to fussed with transport as I drive.

Would Really appreciate peoples opinions on the following places also

Dronfield

Batesmoor

Beighton

Swallownest

Mosborough

Hi I’m looking to move to the Sheffield area this year from down south and wanted opinions on good places and maybe place to avoid.

Not to fussed with transport as I drive.

Would Really appreciate peoples opinions on the following places also

Dronfield

Batesmoor

Beighton

Swallownest

Mosborough

Dronfield is about the best of the bunch.

Dronfield is about the best of the bunch.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me Jim

Because these are (or were) large villages in their own rights they have better and worse areas.

They're all quite some distance from Sheffield proper as well, Batemore being the closest to the city at 6 miles, Swallownest the furthest at 9 miles. Swallownest is still a village in it's own right