Best Neighbourhoods in/around Sheffield?

My son is currently living in rented accomodation in Kimberworth, and is looking to move closer to Sheffield. It must be somewhere with good transport links to the Meadowhall/Ikea areas of Sheffield.

He has a limited budget and is looking for a 2 bed house, any recommendations ?

I have heard that Brinsworth is a nice area,but I'm not sure on transport from here, as I know there is no railway station.

He has also seen property in Wath-upon-Dearne, but I feel this may be too remote from Sheffield

Brinsworth is a good area and know it is as my ex was from there with real people living there !

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 02:51 ----------

That's just some reverse snobbery with a bit of self hate thrown in.

Whatever ! It’s a opinion and that is what I have given.

My son is currently living in rented accomodation in Kimberworth, and is looking to move closer to Sheffield. It must be somewhere with good transport links to the Meadowhall/Ikea areas of Sheffield.

He has a limited budget and is looking for a 2 bed house, any recommendations ?

I have heard that Brinsworth is a nice area,but I'm not sure on transport from here, as I know there is no railway station.

He has also seen property in Wath-upon-Dearne, but I feel this may be too remote from Sheffield

Maybe try Kimberworth it's quite close to Meadowhall,much closer than Wath, although there is a railway station at Wombwell and Hoyland/Elsecar not too far away from Wath.

Nevertheless, areas surrounding Meadowhall ie Meadowbank, Blackburn, Tinsley, Wincobank, Brightside, Littledale and Attercliffe may be easier to get to onfoot or bus..

Edited by ICXCNIKA

We're looking to move back up to Sheffield next year, shortlisted Millhouses area, or south-ish, as easy access to Peak District. Millhouses Park was always a favourite. See there's a Tesco/sainsburies around the corner. :-)

I'll ask again next year, when we have firmed up plans. Any thoughts?

T.

We're looking to move back up to Sheffield next year, shortlisted Millhouses area, or south-ish, as easy access to Peak District. Millhouses Park was always a favourite. See there's a Tesco/sainsburies around the corner. :-)

I'll ask again next year, when we have firmed up plans. Any thoughts?

T.

You could try Loxley or Stannington, both within 5 minutes cycle ride of The Peak District. You'll get a lot more property for your money compared with Millhouses.

Hi, newbie, I'm interested in the Northern Avenue area of Arbourthorne . I would welcome any comments, positive or negative.

Sometimes it’s better to buy a Victorian/Edwardian terraced in a good area, rather than a semi in a poorer area. My son has recently purchased a fully renovated 1200 square feet, 3 double bed with a Chelsea garden in a village within the Dronfield Town post code for £180K, he loves it. The price of detached properties on the same street range from £350K to £750K.

Hi, newbie, I'm interested in the Northern Avenue area of Arbourthorne . I would welcome any comments, positive or negative.

Not meaning to offend anyone but it wouldn't be my choice. Have a drive round during the day and then at night (I would suggest not alone) and try and get a feel for the area. You might also want to look at the crime stats from the link

https://www.police.uk/south-yorkshire/KB/crime/

You could try Loxley or Stannington, both within 5 minutes cycle ride of The Peak District. You'll get a lot more property for your money compared with Millhouses.

Is that right? I'm never sure where the Peaks start, but I can't see how it's 5 mins cycle from Stannington? End of Rivelin Valley Road and turn right maybe, but is that 5 minutes? I agree completely on what you get for your money of course, but was just curious about the 5 minutes.

Spain, Florida, San Fernando valley.

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 17:22 ----------

Good luck around there !

erm you wouldnt get me living there if it was the last place on earth..and i lived in pitsmoor in 3 places

Is that right? I'm never sure where the Peaks start, but I can't see how it's 5 mins cycle from Stannington? End of Rivelin Valley Road and turn right maybe, but is that 5 minutes? I agree completely on what you get for your money of course, but was just curious about the 5 minutes.

Down Spout Lane, Rowell Lane, left on to Loxley Road and the big sandstone wheel indicating the Peak District is just before the reservoir. Maybe an exaggeration but certainly doable in under 15 mins.

Back Lane.

To be honest is there really any nice places left in Sheffield I was born here and seriously think sheffield is a <removed> hole run down area altogether, just wish I had the extra cash I personally would be gone yesterday and it would not be hard to find somewhere better

Edited by nikki-red