Good fast SD card deals?

been digging around but a bit overwhelmed by choice both in cards, vendors and all the flipping codes they put on their cards - just picked up a second hand Bridge camera that does HD video, with my older SD cards it struggles and clearly appreciates faster. My biggest card is 8GB which is okay for photos but rubbish for video

Figure I must be able to pick up a 32 or 64GB with fast write speeds (Class 10?) for sensible price - camera takes SD but figure Micros SD and adaptor will give me more choice / value these days.

Pref Sandisk but I think all the main brands are decently reliable these days

Check what card rating the camera can take, there are speeds above class 10 which are recommended for UHD video.

I think you can get class 10 32 gb for less than a tenner

I would endorse what Geared mentions about checking what cards the camera can handle. I have a camera whereby it states max is class 6. My cycle cam takes a class 10.

As for price, keep an eye on supermarket offers. Tesco had their Sandisc cards at half price back in May. I got a 64GB class 10 for about £17 and they come with an adapter. (If you get a bargain without an adaptor, I have a spare brand new adaptor I can give you). Also check Morrrisons/Asda.

Avoid eBay as apparently as there are a lot of fakes cards on there I have seen it mentioned a few times.

I would endorse what Geared mentions about checking what cards the camera can handle. I have a camera whereby it states max is class 6. My cycle cam takes a class 10.

As for price, keep an eye on supermarket offers. Tesco had their Sandisc cards at half price back in May. I got a 64GB class 10 for about £17 and they come with an adapter. (If you get a bargain without an adaptor, I have a spare brand new adaptor I can give you). Also check Morrrisons/Asda.

Avoid eBay as apparently as there are a lot of fakes cards on there I have seen it mentioned a few times.

I went into Morrisons at Hillsborough Barracks looking for an SD Card and was told they don't sell them and that I would need to go to the 'photo shop' in the Barracks.

I picked up a Samsung Evo 128GB from My Memory for under £30. These come with SD adaptor and are very fast. Online only and as above, check first.

You can’t just look at class numbers. You need to look at actual read and write speeds.

The truly fast SD cards have a read and write speed of 90MB/s or faster. The Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC can do it. The Samsung EVO Plus can but only on cards of capacity of 128GB or larger.

These cards are not cheap. It is a matter of you get what you pay. The Sandisk card I mentioned cost around £58 for 128GB. Amazon is running a really good deal at the moment on the Samsung EVO Plus at £33 for 128GB.