The 8oz Burger Co on Leopold Street closed

He should open an Eel, Pie and Mash shop. See how that goes on Eccy Road?

Don’t give him ideas, that’s not a bad suggestion, I love food like that, obviously with Hendo’s on it.

Don’t give him ideas, that’s not a bad suggestion, I love food like that, obviously with Hendo’s on it.

Jellied Eels with Hendo's, that's Dee Dar heresy!

but i did have an italian coffee bar/deli on leopld st so i know what i am talking about. i sold up just in time.

Chinny Reckon

Chinny Reckon

Wow. I haven't heard anyone use that in ages. :hihi:

So you failed due to workers rights, the minimum wage and pensions?

nope i found someone who had the dream of running their own business and i did very well out of it thanks.

---------- Post added 28-07-2018 at 10:37 ----------

If the NMW, workers rights and compulsory pensions are the reasons for businesses struggling to survive on Eccy Road, then they don’t deserve to succeed. I worked on Eccy Road for 5 years in the 80’s, I emphasise the word ‘work’, you can’t just open the doors and do a ‘Field of Dreams’. ;)

and you are another one who hasnt the faintest clue, you mention the 80,s yes they were good times plenty of money around and far less red tape, money was easy to earn if you knew how.

NMW workers rights and pensions along with oversaturation of the food offerings are very much to blame, fyi most of the large multi chain resturant groups are all in trouble and are restructuring and shutting down units, Carluccios, pizza express to name a couple.

dont deserve to succeed you say?? well to make it really work prices would need to rise considerably and you lot the punters the majority just wouldnt pay!

so get off your high horse and do some research.

---------- Post added 28-07-2018 at 10:38 ----------

He should open an Eel, Pie and Mash shop. See how that goes on Eccy Road?

Na wouldnt work:D

---------- Post added 28-07-2018 at 10:39 ----------

Chinny Reckon

really? chinney eh lol.

nope i found someone who had the dream of running their own business and i did very well out of it thanks.

---------- Post added 28-07-2018 at 10:37 ----------

and you are another one who hasnt the faintest clue, you mention the 80,s yes they were good times plenty of money around and far less red tape, money was easy to earn if you knew how.

NMW workers rights and pensions along with oversaturation of the food offerings are very much to blame, fyi most of the large multi chain resturant groups are all in trouble and are restructuring and shutting down units, Carluccios, pizza express to name a couple.

dont deserve to succeed you say?? well to make it really work prices would need to rise considerably and you lot the punters the majority just wouldnt pay!

so get off your high horse and do some research.

---------- Post added 28-07-2018 at 10:38 ----------

Na wouldnt work:D

---------- Post added 28-07-2018 at 10:39 ----------

really? chinney eh lol.

Internet hero’s don’t figure with me, try not hurling the insults and abuse big guy, I’m not even mildly interested in your economic strategy. ;)

Internet hero’s don’t figure with me, try not hurling the insults and abuse big guy, I’m not even mildly interested in your economic strategy. ;)

whos the internet hero:loopy: what insults and abuse blimey you're bit thin skinned ? do you even know what strategy is?:thumbsup:

whos the internet hero:loopy: what insults and abuse blimey you're bit thin skinned ? do you even know what strategy is?:thumbsup:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:cool:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:cool:

school holidays getting a bit boring eh? never mind you can watch jeremy kyle next week:hihi:

Going back to the longevity of restaurants I seem to remember Piccolos on West St being there for decades?

Going back to the longevity of restaurants I seem to remember Piccolos on West St being there for decades?

Wasn't the Piccolo on Cambridge Street ?

Seems to be the norm these days for eating places not lasting long