Spice in Sheffield.

pick 'em up,

lock 'em up

until they tell the police who and where they got the stuff from.

then the police go and nail the drug dealers.

Could someone tell what "spice" is please?

Its a "legal high" i watched a program on Prison last night and they had a major issue with Spice.

Drugs in general are difficult to handle and sort out any situation from Alcohol to the harder drugs like heroin

The users do need help but it only works if they really want the help and really want to come off but unfortunately its rare to see an addict come clean and stay clean. (my brother has tried and tried for years to stay clean and although he makes it for so long he falls back into the trap)

I am normally totally anti illegal drugs but maybe if there was a change in the law for legal cannabis and cafes like in Amsterdam things could change, No guarantees obviously but going on the program last night spice user's are putting themselves at risk

Not being a drug user , I pose this question tobacco is a drug yet users of cannabis tend to be tobacco smokers so why move onto cannabis?

Are cannabis users more likely to move onto spice cocaine etc?

It seems to me that cost is the best regulator of drug use, so if the authorities make the product expensive by coming down hard on the supply this will help to stop people getting onto drugs.

This also leaves the problem of finding funds helping addicted users.

A very complicated issue that has no silver bullet.

If cannabis was legalised there would be no need for people to smoke spice.

I find that hard to believe.

I don't think cannabis being illegal deters those who want it.

And I would have though weed would be just as easy if not more easier to come by than spice. I know a few weed smokers but don't know anyone on spice.

Guest makapaka
Well they got themselves in their mess.

And the second point? People can’t complain about them if nothing is done about it?

Well they got themselves in their mess.

Do you have the same opinion about people who get health problems/issue due to over eating, over drinking, lack of exercise, and/or smoking?

I use to smoke synthetic cannabinoids and I did so because it's cheaper than the real thing and I could go online and buy it without having to deal with drug dealers who often deal more than just cannabis. If I could go buy it like you can in Amsterdam I would have never had the need to buy the synthetic version/s

I was never in the state that some people are shown to be in and nor was any of my friends who smoke it, I was fully funcional in my daily activities just like when smoking the real thing. I really question what some of these "zombies" are actually taking to be honest, now it's illegal and they are buying of the streets it could really be anything.

Some people state it's just as addictive as heroin, I really doubt that, it was easy enough for me to quit and had no withdrawls...

Cannabis should be legal not just for medical reasons but also recrational. People are allowed to get off there face on alcohol which often leads to violent behaviour seems to me like the laws are pretty dumb/nonsensical.

The synthectic cannabiniods are chemicals that are agonists for the CBD1 and CBD2 receptors. The first ones to be sold as legal highs where pretty safe as they got banned and new ones "invented" they become more toxic.

The council doing the job of the NHS? Must have money to burn.

Public Health was moved out of the NHS and into local authorities in 2013. So now local authorities are responsible for commissioning these services. Same with most social care and mental health services I believe.

Public health funding is protected but this will not last so now we have local authorities purchasing services from the NHS and trying to manage reducing budgets.

If cannabis was legalised there would be no need for people to smoke spice.

Give ovver lad.

So people are moaning that a local authority is doing things local authorities have been doing since 2013?

Only on Sheffield Forum.

If cannabis was legal the market for spice would largely dissappear.

And another :hihi:

If cannabis was legal the market for spice would largely dissappear.

it's true.

think of the bootleggers in prohibition era America.

they didn't make nice pints of bitter, they made paint-stripping moonshine. people went blind / died drinking it.

'spice' (and skunk) is the modern equivalent of moonshine, it's strong, and nasty.

give people the choice, of what drugs they want to take, and most people don't drink moonshine (even the street-drinkers have more self-respect).