Spice in Sheffield.

Like in Portugal where they legalised drugs but made them prescription only. At one fell swoop you get rid of the dealers, the criminality, the robbing to fund a habit etc and in exchange for the legally provided high they get healthcare....you know, to whean them off it and stop them using in future.

Seeing as what previous governments over here keep trying and keep failing at maybe it's time to try something different.

Isn't there a defintion of stupidity along the lines of "You keep doing something, it keeps going wrong, but you keep on doing it forever." That's the UKs drug policy that is.

They didn't legalise it in Portugal they decrimininalised it, it is now a civil offence. It has been very successful the prison population dropped, petty crime was lowered etc. If people offend then they have to attend rehab as it costs way less than keeping someone locked up.k

I’m no way an apologist for SCC but it does look from previous posts that they’re dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t. Condemned for allowing spice users to run down the City Centre but accused of wasting money if they try to address the issue. To me there’s something very wrong with something that renders users so very vulnerable 

Area around Hight Street can be utter mayhem. No joke but passing through there  about 7pm the other week I saw three separate confrontations kick off in about 5 minutes. it’s a sad sight. So many people down on their luck and smashed out their brains. That Guardian article paints a picture of improvement but I honestly think it’s worse than ever round there.

3 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Area around Hight Street can be utter mayhem. No joke but passing through there  about 7pm the other week I saw three separate confrontations kick off in about 5 minutes. it’s a sad sight. So many people down on their luck and smashed out their brains. That Guardian article paints a picture of improvement but I honestly think it’s worse than ever round there.

I got called a liar on here last year for saying the same about the High St ,  Catherdral  area

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

I got called a liar on here last year for saying the same about the High St ,  Catherdral  area

As you can see I’m not going to disagree with you. It’s a very edgy area after 7pm