Parking and Neighbours

maybe you should park somewhere else -and why do we wanna know?:confused:

thatsbnothing...when my daughter bought her house the old bag who lived next door told her she couldnt park even outside her own house..she said its not a public car park!!!

maybe you should park somewhere else -and why do we wanna know?:confused:

Maybe if that's all you can contribute you should ask yourself why you bothered?

My boyfriends next door neighbours called the traffic police up because our car had been parked outside their house for two weeks without it moving. Neither of us use the car for work, so we hadn't moved it in a while. Ridiculous, it wasn't even covering their driveway.

Maybe their excuse was they didn't know who the owned the car and thought it was stolen

It's funny isn't it how so many of us become territorial....

Where I live at the moment we never have trouble parking, we've got space for several cars on the driveway and there are no other houses along our stretch of road for a good 20 yards. However, it really winds me up when people turn around just outside the house using my driveway. I try to let it go, but the number of times people pull into the road just to drop someone off, then reverse onto my driveway to turn around - I know it's irrational of me to let it get to me so, I keep practicing my deep breathing.....

People parking on the road outside my house doesn't bother me in the slightest, in fact, I welcome it because it helps to slow the traffic down - some cars come round the corner onto our road from the main road far too quickly.

When I visit my sister I usually have to park on the road (her car is usually on her drive) and will always park outside her house. If there is not space then I park further down the street but I always feel a wee bit guilty... not sure why???

Hel's we have the same problem, with the slightly more ignorant of the drivers round here. Why do people think it's acceptable to use someones driveway to turn round. Personally I would never use someones drive to turn around, Infact quite a few times we have had narrow misses with the kids and some complete crettin who just has not looked before pulling onto our drive to turn. We installed a security pole untill some tool ran into it and left in a mangled wreck. Same kind sole also got out of his car and checked for damage then drove off, no note :rant: .

There is parking down one side of my street (too narrow for both sides) and a high kerb and grass verge on the other. We could do with more parking but this guy from across the road has taken to parking his 4x4 on the grass verge outside my house. I would never do this as it can knacker the grass and I don't think it looks very nice. Am I being petty if I leave him a note?

Parking on the footway (including the verge) is illegal. You can call the Police.

Depending on the circumstances there may be a position of tolerance though. We used to sometimes do it at our last house, as did our neighbour. But, we both mowed the verges, and kept it neat and tidy and covered in grass. I guess that it's not impossible if you are happy to take on some responsibility for your immediate environment.

isn't it obstructing the footpath that is illegal? And/or driving on the footpath, I don't think that parking on it is specifically illegal.

I live in a terrace with a car park but can i ever get in the thing - nope. There's always a bunch of annoying gits who take their kids to football training at the end of my road right when i get home from work. I end up parking on the roads around and about no doubt annoying other people. And can i just say the car park is allocated spaces given when you buy your house but as they are not numbered just simply allocated with the deeds you get grief if you ask someone not to park in them.

isn't it obstructing the footpath that is illegal? And/or driving on the footpath, I don't think that parking on it is specifically illegal.

Very true. This is the obvious problem with many who park mainly on the kerb. I have a few around my house who park on the kerb (i use the drive but one house has 4 cars), but when i walk the dog or push the baby in the pushcahir i have to walk in the road.

I live in a terrace with a car park but can i ever get in the thing - nope. There's always a bunch of annoying gits who take their kids to football training at the end of my road right when i get home from work. I end up parking on the roads around and about no doubt annoying other people. And can i just say the car park is allocated spaces given when you buy your house but as they are not numbered just simply allocated with the deeds you get grief if you ask someone not to park in them.

Emmie, you should do what we do, ours is a forcourt/ parking for three houses

If people are parked in our allocated spaces we simply park the car right over them, so they cant get out. they soon get the hint.