Road Closures - Sheffield Grand Prix Cycle Race.

Have you ever been in a shop in the city centre at 1630 on a Wednesday?

The only people likely to suffer any inconvenience are commuters going home, and it's just 1 day, advertised in advance.

Yes I do thanks and not that well advertised first time I've seen anything about it on here

The matrix signs on the roads coming into the city have said its on for a few days now.

Failing piping information directly into peoples heads, there is little else you can really do.

The matrix signs on the roads coming into the city have said its on for a few days now.

Failing piping information directly into peoples heads, there is little else you can really do.

ditto that in all scenarios. We're just having the roads resurfaced around us,signs up for a week, yet yesterday half the village were up in arms claiming not to have noticed them.

Yes I do thanks and not that well advertised first time I've seen anything about it on here

So you're well aware that they're very quiet then.

My husband has been waiting at Hallamshire Hospital since 2pm for an ambulance or, any transport, to get home after treatment. He's disabled, there is no other way he can get home. Nurses said the delay is due to the cycle race and he may have to wait a lot longer til the race is over. I can't understand how it is that a cycle race can cause so much traffic chaos when the race is nowhere near Glossop Rd.... or is it just that the car hating council have closed down so many alternate routes that one road closure can cause havoc to the traffic in the entire city.

They won't be content untill they stop all comerce.

I had a right good laugh at this one :hihi::hihi:

Have you ever been in a shop in the city centre at 1630 on a Wednesday?

The only people likely to suffer any inconvenience are commuters going home, and it's just 1 day, advertised in advance.

If only that were true. The delays are spread far and wide, not just town centre.

My husband has been waiting at Hallamshire Hospital since 2pm for an ambulance or, any transport, to get home after treatment. He's disabled, there is no other way he can get home. Nurses said the delay is due to the cycle race and he may have to wait a lot longer til the race is over. I can't understand how it is that a cycle race can cause so much traffic chaos when the race is nowhere near Glossop Rd.... or is it just that the car hating council have closed down so many alternate routes that one road closure can cause havoc to the traffic in the entire city.

Having walked past the Hallamshire Hospital down Whitham Road, Northumberland Road and Glossop Road at that time, there was no difference in traffic.

There was a Graduation Ceremony but this was balanced by fewer workers and students at the University.

Town was normal and the return journey via Brookhill and Broomhill was also normal because there was no cycle race or diversions this afternoon.

The biggest problem was the number of cars, vans and taxis on the double yellow lines around Northumberland Road and outside Weston Park Hospital.

Cyclists causing chaos again.

Yes. Is anyone else feeling that these constant interruptions with traffic are becoming so irksome that all of 'em should cease?

Yes. Is anyone else feeling that these constant interruptions with traffic are becoming so irksome that all of 'em should cease?

Not me. They are, by no stretch of the imagination, constant.