To the racist moron on Derek Dooley Way..

I've been told by a friend that works inside the police force that the man in question here has been arrested and charged with a hate crime.

More than likely he'll receive a suspended sentence. I'll keep you updated with anything else I hear.

I'm not doubting you, but I'm always a bit suspicious of 'I'm told by a friend' information, but if true it is good news.

Maybe the OP could confirm if this is the case.

I am not your teacher because this is an issue that can only be solved by someone who grows as an individual.

that means "I can't really say anything of meaning so I'll just say something vacuous and partially insulting and try and appear superior."

---------- Post added 02-08-2018 at 16:24 ----------

Not everyone who voted for Brexit is racist, however all racists voted for Brexit. Seems a fair way of summing it up.

I bet you could find some racists who didn't vote for brexit, just to confuse the issue further.

---------- Post added 02-08-2018 at 16:31 ----------

Well quite clearly not, as my post says.

I am saying that comments such as "all the people who voted Brexit hate immigrants" or "everyone who voted Brexit hates people from *insert country*" gives those that DO hate these things the idea that they are not in the minority, when they inf fact very much are. That emboldens them to make a public display of these things.

I'm saying that believing everyone who voted for Brexit is stupid or racist is a problem as well as those who are racist. it's all ignorance and total lack of understanding, as well as refusal to accept things they don't understand.

It's totally acceptable to say you believe immigration is way too high - that doesn't make you racist or prejudiced. The failure to understand that from some people are one of the things that led the country to be so divided, and stopped people's concerns being taken seriously for so long.

All that is true. Those of us who voted for remain were the stupid ones, just look how good brexit is turning out to be! I look forward to being able to eat "adequate food" once we've left. I for one am sick to death of having too much food to eat.

look, i understand that there are some people who are angry because they may not have had an easy time of austerity and so on, but blaming it all on the immigrants is whats stupid. Really bloody stupid. Life is going to get a whole lot harder as climate change really hits us and if we don't start thinking about how we can ALL solve it collectively then we're screwed. The government is currently wasting all kinds of time and effort trying to make this brexit nonsense work (mostly for themselves and their rich friends), they could be using all that time and effort solving the real issues we face. that is what is stupid. Its mindbogglingly stupid.

Edited by TimmyR

I'm not doubting you, but I'm always a bit suspicious of 'I'm told by a friend' information, but if true it is good news.

Maybe the OP could confirm if this is the case.

Hmm not sure. I don't think "get back to your own country" warrants a suspended sentence a man to lose his job, especially when there's people that assault others and get less.

Each to their own.

Hmm not sure. I don't think "get back to your own country" warrants a suspended sentence a man to lose his job, especially when there's people that assault others and get less.

Who cares if he loses his job?

I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd be happy to do his job with going around abusing people. And as this is a growing problem, maybe a few convictions and harsh sentences might make others think twice. It may also encourage people to actually report stuff like this when they see it is being taken seriously.

No sympathy at all. Nobody made him act like a <removed>, he managed that all by himself.

Edited by nikki-red

Who cares if he loses his job?

I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd be happy to do his job with going around abusing people. And as this is a growing problem, maybe a few convictions and harsh sentences might make others think twice. It may also encourage people to actually report stuff like this when they see it is being taken seriously.

No sympathy at all. Nobody made him act like a <removed>, he managed that all by himself.

Again, I think there's certain punishments that fit certain crimes. I've not seen you in threads before lambasting lenient punishments for assault or murder. I was just reading something online about somebody getting a 4 year sentence for killing somebody while driving drunk. If that's what people are getting for killing people then I believe somebody saying "Go back to your own country" should be laughed off.

That's my opinion.

I do believe however that all punishments for every crime should be increased.

A balance between England (pathetic convictions) and North Korea (VERY harsh convictions) would be about right.

The guy comitted a criminal offence by law using racist language that was intimidatory. Well done for taking a photo of his number plate - a lot of Sheffielders would simply do nothing - at least you made a stand about it - I regularly visit Barnsley and have been subject to the most appalling racist abuse by the indigenous racist people who live there - its simply not acceptable in this day and age to racially abuse others-it is also a crime.