To the racist moron on Derek Dooley Way..

The 'spike' in recorded hate crimes which occurred in the immediate aftermath of the EU referendum has not declined to pre referendum levels and a report by Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary says "...there is a real possibility that there will be a similar increase in reports in 2019 if, as anticipated by the Government, the United Kingdom formally leaves the European Union."

As for an explanation, I guess it's a combination of a sense of entitlement to express openly racist views after the referendum and an expectation that once we leave the EU we will see a noticeable reduction of immigrants, which clearly we won't.

They have no choice.

If the victim or even a witness to the offence believe it to be racially motivated, it HAS to be recorded as a hate crime.

Thank you for the kind reply, duly noted.

Angel1.

This threads a laugh, some guy get's told to go back to where he came from and now we have posters suggesting it's to do with post Brexit xenophobia, some of you really do need to get out more and stop sucking up the media hype and political propaganda.

Here's one for those who think that way, most white British people who voted to leave did so because of the strain on public services partly caused by EU migration, not because they 'hate' Polish people etc, quite a lot of people within Asian communities on the other hand, voted Leave, because they do 'hate' the EU migrants, mainly because many of them chose to live in 'their' communities IMHO !

my bold=

Claptrap!

Most of the immigrants live in the Asian communities because the Asians rent houses out to them.

If they hated them then they wouldn’t rent houses out to them....:rolleyes:

It's important to remember that there were racists around before Brexit, and there will be after. The numbers of racists haven't altered as the result of a referendum.

That some of them may think they are more free to express their racist views could be a by-product of it, and if so, needs to be stamped out.

Part of stamping it out is an acknowledgement that not many people are racist - no matter what side of the Brexit they're on. If both sides accept this, then it shows the racists up for what they truly are - an tiny minority of morons.

I know many people, myself included, who voted for Brexit. Not a single one of them holds any racist views whatsoever. But there are certain elements of the Remain camp that do believe everyone who voted Brexit is either racist or stupid. This fuels the problem as much as those idiots who think it is OK to express their racist views.

Racists will always be around, and it's people's duty not to listen to them or accept their prejudice.

Money supersedes everything in life, including hate.

As a member of the Islamic community down in Fir Vale, I can safely say lots of people would love to see the back of Europeans coming into our part of Sheffield. It's sad but that's the reality.

Myself, I am a little more open minded to such events.

But there are certain elements of the Remain camp that do believe everyone who voted Brexit is either racist or stupid. This fuels the problem as much as those idiots who think it is OK to express their racist views.

Are you saying that people behave stupidly and racistly because people accuse them of being stupid and racist?

Seriously?

This threads a laugh, some guy get's told to go back to where he came from and now we have posters suggesting it's to do with post Brexit xenophobia, some of you really do need to get out more and stop sucking up the media hype and political propaganda.

Here's one for those who think that way, most white British people who voted to leave did so because of the strain on public services partly caused by EU migration, not because they 'hate' Polish people etc, quite a lot of people within Asian communities on the other hand, voted Leave, because they do 'hate' the EU migrants, mainly because many of them chose to live in 'their' communities IMHO !

Couldn't agree more .... and being on the side of Brexit and half Polish too !

and on the subject of "racial abuse", I had a visit from the Bobbies after being accused of the very same a couple of years ago. Luckily I had a

in-car camera at the time that recorded all the incident. The asian lady who made the complaint forgot to mention to the Bobbies that she instigated the abuse. This is "White trash" signing out .

Are you saying that people behave stupidly and racistly because people accuse them of being stupid and racist?

Seriously?

Well quite clearly not, as my post says.

I am saying that comments such as "all the people who voted Brexit hate immigrants" or "everyone who voted Brexit hates people from *insert country*" gives those that DO hate these things the idea that they are not in the minority, when they inf fact very much are. That emboldens them to make a public display of these things.

I'm saying that believing everyone who voted for Brexit is stupid or racist is a problem as well as those who are racist. it's all ignorance and total lack of understanding, as well as refusal to accept things they don't understand.

It's totally acceptable to say you believe immigration is way too high - that doesn't make you racist or prejudiced. The failure to understand that from some people are one of the things that led the country to be so divided, and stopped people's concerns being taken seriously for so long.

Edited by paula4sheff

Couldn't agree more .... and being on the side of Brexit and half Polish too !

and on the subject of "racial abuse", I had a visit from the Bobbies after being accused of the very same a couple of years ago. Luckily I had a

in-car camera at the time that recorded all the incident. The asian lady who made the complaint forgot to mention to the Bobbies that she instigated the abuse. This is "White trash" signing out .

Any racist abuse I have ever experienced has been from white people, unlike some I don’t start treating all white people as racists or spread hate against them.

Racists come in all colours and creeds ....

This threads a laugh, some guy get's told to go back to where he came from and...

What do you think about the guy that told the asian guy to go back where he came from?

What do you think prompted the comment?

What do you think about the guy that told the asian guy to go back where he came from?

What do you think prompted the comment?

My better half's mother who is whiter than snow was told to get back to her own country by a little Somalian lad, it was rather cute and funny.

My better half's mother who is whiter than snow was told to get back to her own country by a little Somalian lad, it was rather cute and funny.

Cute, but what's your view of the guy saying it to the asian driver?

Cute, but what's your view of the guy saying it to the asian driver?

He is an idiot.