Bins they are a'changin

I’ve finished painting my brown bin black now to paint my blue bin brown then my blue crate green.

Now Was That Wise? :D

The only sticker that got put on our bin was the blue one, notifying us that the previous scheme had ended and the brown bins were due to arrive. Then we got a leaflet when the brown bin arrived, which was perfectly clear and has a full schedule of collections in. That said, some neighbours obviously didn't get it and kept putting the brown bin out with whichever bin was actually due to be collected the actual brown bin day, which for us was last Friday :huh:

Does this mean that we should also have 3 seperate bins in the kitchen to hold the different kinds of waste until we can put it out?

Or do we have to walk to the correct bin with each kind of waste each time we encounter some?

My walking aint so good lately and I have a very small kitchen area.

What do we do??????

So you are happy to move the bin to the pavement even though bin men get paid hansomly to move the bin two yards from the pavement to a little machine.

I remember back in the day when bin men was real bin men and they carried the metal bin from your back yard to the van and back again. Now they get paid a lot more and do a lot less.

I remember those days also

---------- Post added 30-09-2018 at 23:39 ----------

You don't have to have the brown bin, I don't see why they cant use the same methods as they do in Cornwall, they use the large shopping style bags, much easier to accomodate

Does this mean that we should also have 3 seperate bins in the kitchen to hold the different kinds of waste until we can put it out?

Or do we have to walk to the correct bin with each kind of waste each time we encounter some?

My walking aint so good lately and I have a very small kitchen area.

What do we do??????

There have been separate outside bins for glass, paper and general waste for years. The colour and shape of one of these bins should not make a difference to what you do in your kitchen.

There are probably as many solutions as there are houses.

Our paper goes into a cereal box which fits inside a cardboard box which contains the glass. No extra space required in the kitchen as the box used to hold the paper.

There are probably as many solutions as there are houses.

Our paper goes into a cereal box which fits inside a cardboard box which contains the glass. No extra space required in the kitchen as the box used to hold the paper.

I can feel a song coming on. Can anyone remember the song in 1963 by Pete Seegar who sang about houses all looking like little boxes.

There's a green one and a pink one and a blue one and a yellow one and they're all made out of ticky tacky and the all look just the same.

An upright bin for bottles, jars, & cans will be a lot more convenient for us than the boxes with "hats" (which decayed in the sunlight and fell apart or blew away long ago). My only concern is that we usually fill the blue bin with paper & card in two weeks, so the 4-week collection cycle may be a problem, unless I can pack the stuff down more compactly (sledgehammer?).

I can feel a song coming on. Can anyone remember the song in 1963 by Pete Seegar who sang about houses all looking like little boxes.

There's a green one and a pink one and a blue one and a yellow one and they're all made out of ticky tacky and the all look just the same.

You mean this one. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

That's the one. Thanks iansheff I haven't heard that one for years.

Pete Seeger's was a cover version. Written about Daly City, just south of San Francisco.

Good article and photos at:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Boxes

Does anyone agree with me in saying the tune to this song is similar if not the same as the song 'There's a pop shop on the corner in Pittsburgh Pensilvainia '