Bins they are a'changin

Brown bins! Unimaginative. A deep purple/lavender would be more aesthetically pleasing – and compliment the current black and blue bins t'boot.

Nothing is wrong with me, what is wrong is your attitude. :) The social responsibility is on the manufacturers and not the consumer as that is just passing the buck. Cars pollute and everybody knows that and yet they still buy and use them. Does that then mean the drivers of those cars are somehow pathological idiots who reject their social responsibility.. according to you?

If they deliberately remove the catalyser, yes.

You can't pass the responsibility for YOUR choice to not recycle to the manufacturer. That's YOU making a decision to harm the environment. And that's not withstanding the fact that you purchased the thing in the first place.

No not at all, as stated I buy very little that needs recycling and if you had a conscience so would you. You are responsible for your actions not mine.

I don't see that statement...

I do see this one

But I do dispose of my rubbish properly, it goes into the bin.

So however little you need to recycle, YOU CHOOSE not to. And now you're trying desperately to blame anyone else.

Edit - attempting to focus entirely on paper when you said that you just put all your rubbish in the black bin, disingenuous.

If they deliberately remove the catalyser, yes.

And how about the CO2 which is also widely considered a pollutant?

You can't pass the responsibility for YOUR choice to not recycle to the manufacturer. That's YOU making a decision to harm the environment.

No really no. It goes into the incinerator and helps to produce heat for SCC to sell.

Quote by apelike:

"No not at all, as stated I buy very little that needs recycling and if you had a conscience so would you. You are responsible for your actions not mine."

I don't see that statement...

Here you go: Quote by apelike post 46:

"I have very little to recycle as I don't use much that can be recycled as I shop wisely and not lazily."

I do see this one

Quote by apelike:

"But I do dispose of my rubbish properly, it goes into the bin."

So however little you need to recycle, YOU CHOOSE not to. And now you're trying desperately to blame anyone else.

Edit - attempting to focus entirely on paper when you said that you just put all your rubbish in the black bin, disingenuous.

Its you who are blaming people. Just who am I blaming?

And BTW you are the one who mentioned paper and the Blue box in this reply to EmmaJones76 post 42.. quote:

"Yes, a huge faff to drop paper into an open box. Well worth the environmental cost of not bothering... What exactly is the problem, it's too low, too easy, you don't have to lift a lid?

Perhaps they've realised that half the population of Sheffield are selfish, environment hating idiots who can't deal with a box

Well worth the environmental cost of not bothering... ."

:)

I'm not leaving a plastic box lying around the house. A bin is far easier for me.

I'm not leaving a plastic box lying around the house. A bin is far easier for me.

Never use my box either, I visit supermarkets couple of times a week, drop all my paper in their skip, no problem.

And how about the CO2 which is also widely considered a pollutant?

How about it? This is just an attempt to distract from your failure to recycle.

Perhaps you could recycle AND reduce your CO2 footprint. They're related, but separate issues.

Here you go: Quote by apelike post 46:

"I have very little to recycle as I don't use much that can be recycled as I shop wisely and not lazily."

And you went on to say that you just put all your waste in the black bin. So what little you do have to recycle, you don't bother.

Its you who are blaming people. Just who am I blaming?

Did you forget your own words so quickly?

"The social responsibility is on the manufacturers and not the consumer"

That's you attempting to blame someone else for your behaviour.

And BTW you are the one who mentioned paper and the Blue box in this reply to EmmaJones76 post 42.. quote:

"Yes, a huge faff to drop paper into an open box. Well worth the environmental cost of not bothering... What exactly is the problem, it's too low, too easy, you don't have to lift a lid?

Perhaps they've realised that half the population of Sheffield are selfish, environment hating idiots who can't deal with a box

Well worth the environmental cost of not bothering... ."

:)

Yes, specifically directed at the poster I quoted who "found it too much trouble" to use the blue box.

You however just stated that you don't recycle and put it all in the black bin. Because you think environmental damage is someone else's problem and you have no social responsibility to help mitigate it at all.

---------- Post added 14-07-2018 at 17:36 ----------

You keep the box or a bin IN your house? :suspect:

I shall be putting my redundant plastic blue box in my black wheelie bin.

Shouldn’t you put it in your brown bin?

Drill some holes in t' bottom, fill with crocks and compost and grow some veg.

Give the box a good clean and it will make a good storage box for the car boot.

Probably not , its not the "correct" sort of plastic . They are still not wanting yoghurt pots , butter cartons etc . Other cities seem to do this but not here :confused:

I'll be throwing my brown bin into Rother Valley.