Bins they are a'changin

36 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I will just take it to the tip and empty it there then, not got anything suitable to put a lot of shredding in.

When your friend arrives with beer, use the empty beer box to put your shreddings in, another high-tec solution is a cereal box.

My daughter gives me her used Primark paper carriers for my shredded paper, just the thing for the job.

On 12/10/2018 at 9:32 PM, Olive said:

Same here, twice in a row. The blue bin is barely big enough to take all our paper and cardboard, without starting the month off already half-full.  

The problem is the shape of the bin, it's so narrow at the bottom the paper gets wedged in by the weight of the stuff on top. I've been really carefull to tear everything up into small peices. I even tipped it up and loosened it all after the first time it happened, but it made no difference. 

And us, we never used the box for paper as every time there was more than just a stiff breeze the paper would blow out of the boxes and finish up all over the road.

We used the blue bin the first time of collection for all the paper we'd stripped off decorating and cleared all the rolls of paper from the garage from previous decorating.

After the bins had supposedly been emptied I went to collect it and it was still full, I was told they couldn't empty it because the stripped off wallpaper was in a plastic bag.

Because there are only two of us living here now we don't create a lot of waste so the lot went in the black bin and we've now got an extra storage bin in the garage.

You put plastic bags in with the paper?  And you didn't realise that this would be an issue?

So now you don't bother to recycle paper in some kind of fit of spite?

On 12/12/2018 at 12:19 PM, Annie Bynnol said:

When your friend arrives with beer, use the empty beer box to put your shreddings in, another high-tec solution is a cereal box.

Managed to empty it into my printer box trouble is the box only goes half way down the bin as it is quite large good job I don't use a lot of paper.

9 hours ago, Cyclone said:

You put plastic bags in with the paper?  And you didn't realise that this would be an issue?

So now you don't bother to recycle paper in some kind of fit of spite?

That's not a very nice reply, Why don't you try to be a bit more pleasant? I know this sounds unlikely but you might even make a friend.

See, I told you it sounded unlikely.

I'm not trying to make friends, I have enough.

But seriously, you put plastic in with the paper.  And since that wasn't accepted you refuse to recycle anymore.  It certainly sounds like spite.

39 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

I'm not trying to make friends, I have enough.

But seriously, you put plastic in with the paper.  And since that wasn't accepted you refuse to recycle anymore.  It certainly sounds like spite.

There's only one way to tell you this but here we go, nobody on here believes you've got a friend and also you're never going to get a job with your attitude.

But anyhow when I went to collect the bin the refuse man was still there, the bag of wallpaper waste was on top of the bin with the old rolls and part rolls underneath . After telling me he couldn't take it he was two houses down  before I could take the bag out and let him empty the rest, something he could have done quite easily.

so yes every thing is now going in the black bin which we are paying 156 quid a month for having  emptied.

And like most people on here I couldn't care less what you think.

1 hour ago, gomgeg said:

There's only one way to tell you this but here we go, nobody on here believes you've got a friend and also you're never going to get a job with your attitude.

But anyhow when I went to collect the bin the refuse man was still there, the bag of wallpaper waste was on top of the bin with the old rolls and part rolls underneath . After telling me he couldn't take it he was two houses down  before I could take the bag out and let him empty the rest, something he could have done quite easily.

so yes every thing is now going in the black bin which we are paying 156 quid a month for having  emptied.

Why are you paying £156 per month to have your bins emptied?

Or are you confused in thinking that what you pay in council tax only goes to refuse collection.

22 hours ago, gomgeg said:

And yet you're trying to explain why it wasn't your fault...  I don't honestly expect you to care, but if I make you reflect just a little on your childish behaviour then perhaps I'll have accomplished something.

The fact that you've resorted to ad hom attacks means that you're uncomfortable, so you probably recognise that you were at fault really and the cognitive dissonance results in you lashing out.

The bin lorries move quite fast, you were lucky he managed to tell you anything at all really and there was never any chance of him coming back at that point.

And none of that explains why you then decided that you wouldn't recycle at all.  That's still just spiteful behaviour.