Bins they are a'changin

Last friday they missed our whole rd for black bins.

Ever since the system changed they kept missing our rd and I would call asking why they did that. Their answer was usually arrogant that they had it all under control and they were still working that day. Then they would come late at 6PM to do our rd.

Last friday I thought Im not going to call this time to mention their mistake again and surprise surprise they didnt come at all.

Edited by dutch

Wow how did you manage that, you must be a magician. :D

Or Russian perhaps.

---------- Post added 07-10-2018 at 10:57 ----------

I’ve put my blue blue into my brown bin, and I’ve put my brown bin into my black bin.

In relation to my previous post.

Does this mean that we should also have 3 seperate bins in the kitchen to hold the different kinds of waste until we can put it out?

Or do we have to walk to the correct bin with each kind of waste each time we encounter some?

My walking aint so good lately and I have a very small kitchen area.

What do we do??????

What were you doing a few weeks ago when you had a box, a blue bin and a black bin, because nothing has changed apart from the shape of one receptacle...

What were you doing a few weeks ago when you had a box, a blue bin and a black bin, because nothing has changed apart from the shape of one receptacle...

Indeed, this shouldn't require a change to anyone's indoor arrangements. I can see it as a problem for houses with a shortage of space for bins outdoors, but that's all.

Chucking the lot in the same bin so that someone gets paid for sorting it out.

I'd rather pay someone to work than someone to cream off profits for my own gullability...

Back to the black bin 1 size fits all I think.

Nobody gets paid to sort it out, you're just making it so that none of it can be recycled and that also makes your complaint about the change in shape from box to bin entirely specious.

Perhaps they should just take your bins away, or empty them in your yard.

Nobody gets paid to sort it out, you're just making it so that none of it can be recycled and that also makes your complaint about the change in shape from box to bin entirely specious.

Perhaps they should just take your bins away, or empty them in your yard.

That's my whole point!

People used to get paid to do it, but now with clever marketing and media manipulation, people are "guilt tripped" into doing those jobs for waste companies for free! and lets face it... their only comeback is "well it would have been more expensive for you if you didn't" ....... no it wouldn't, it would have been less profits for lazy investors.

In light of recent press reports indicating that plastic waste is being allowed to leak into rivers and oceans rather than be properly disposed of, would it now be better to follow Swindon council's move and black-bin all plastic waste? I say this as an ardent recycler, but I no longer have confidence in the plastics recycling industry.

The thing is it dose not matter how many bins you get,, what % is been recycled

And most people don’t use the bins correctly anyway ,so not sure how we are going to be any better off with more bins taking more room up you know it was not that

Long ago we had one bin for all collected once a week how easy was that

Edited by lien1

The thing is it dose not matter how many bins you get,, what % is been recycled

And most people don’t use the bins correctly anyway ,so not sure how we are going to be any better off with more bins taking more room up you know it was not that

Long ago we had one bin for all collected once a week how easy was that

And all dumped in a hole in the ground...