Bins they are a'changin

Put it out by all means so that they can empty it, they will leave you the empty box because the council will not take them. They advise you to take them to the tip, mine will be put in the brown plastic bin, it's plastic isn't it?

Yes, it is- but not the 'right' kind acceptable in a bin!

I have turned my redundant blue box into a hedgehog feeding station.

Ours has bedding plants in it in summer and the bulbs will be going in soon for winter and spring.

Put it out by all means so that they can empty it, they will leave you the empty box because the council will not take them. They advise you to take them to the tip, mine will be put in the brown plastic bin, it's plastic isn't it?

You can request the council to collect your blue box if you have no use for it

Use link below

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/forms/af/bins-recycling/request-collection-unwanted-blue-box.html

I haven't got a blue bin, it was stolen as was the previous one. I am not paying for a replacement. So what do I do?

There's no charge for replacing blue bins.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/sheffield/home/bins-recycling-services/bin-charges.html

---------- Post added 03-09-2018 at 14:04 ----------

I've just come back from Germany, where there's a 25 cents deposit on most glass and plastic bottles. You get the Money (or vouchers) back when you return them to a shop. Much like it used to be here with old pop bottles. It seems to encourage people to take 'em back, causes less domestic waste so the bins aren't as full, and cuts down on street litter.

Would a similar scheme work here do you think (it will probably be introduced anyway), or would it just be something else to moan about?

Yes to both questions.

Its bin day for us and not the black bin that was last week. Interestingly, the council website says its brown bin today, so does the leaflet they dropped.

Everyone else on the road has the blue bin out. Just checked the council website and the blue bin section says its the blue bin they are collecting today. Well communicated and planned as ever.

Oh well, better go and put both out and see which one they have taken

A neighbor of mine contacted the council/veola to ask for the blue bin to be taken as she had no use or room for it but was told she has to have it :loopy:

If any body wants one i am sure she will we pleased to give it to you.

There will no doubt be blue bins dumped all over the place by the less conscientious.

A neighbor of mine contacted the council/veola to ask for the blue bin to be taken as she had no use or room for it but was told she has to have it :loopy:

If any body wants one i am sure she will we pleased to give it to you.

There will no doubt be blue bins dumped all over the place by the less conscientious.

Do you mean blue boxes? They're now surplus, but we still need the blue bin for paper and card. Unless of course she never has any to dispose of.

Its bin day for us and not the black bin that was last week. Interestingly, the council website says its brown bin today, so does the leaflet they dropped.

Everyone else on the road has the blue bin out. Just checked the council website and the blue bin section says its the blue bin they are collecting today. Well communicated and planned as ever.

Oh well, better go and put both out and see which one they have taken

Hmmm... :huh:

... you're too late!

It should have been out by 7:00am... :D

Do you mean blue boxes? They're now surplus, but we still need the blue bin for paper and card. Unless of course she never has any to dispose of.

No, blue wheely bin, She like alot of us have so little clean paper/ cardboard its not worth it, just drop what bit you accumulate in on the weekly supermarket visit or pop it in one of the few cardboard bins that are put out.

No, blue wheely bin, She like alot of us have so little clean paper/ cardboard its not worth it, just drop what bit you accumulate in on the weekly supermarket visit or pop it in one of the few cardboard bins that are put out.

Exactly what I do Arthur, my blue bin is surplus to requirements.

Well I hope the binmen know what colour they are coming for in the morning. The leaflet says blue council website says brown another Sheffield Council blunder. How much is it going to cost to send us a new leaflet with the correct details.

The bins on pot house lane Stocksbridge are due tomorrow but we have no idea which will be emptied so both are going out, talk about **** up and brewery council, pathetic heads should roll.