S c c to introduce red line routes

So there'll be several people employed to monitor the various zones.

I get a distinct feeling many more red routes will be put out across the city, because those camera people are going to need something to do outside of school rush hours. :suspect::suspect::suspect::suspect::suspect:

Red route will be enforced by the camera car which is currently used to enforce school entrances and bus stop clearways.

Red route will be enforced by the camera car which is currently used to enforce school entrances and bus stop clearways.

A single car? (Genuine enquiry)

Presumably it’s a marked vehicle, so if people can see the car’s not there, they will revert to bad parking. I wish someone would enforce the yellow lines & zigzags by the school near me. Local councillors are aware but still the bad parking continues.

Guest makapaka
Why should local residents have to suffer ?

They don’t.

Just seen a van park on double yellow lines, half on the pavement, outside a Sheffield primary school. During drop off time too.

You'll never guess what logo it had on the side...

Simple answer would be to re-criminalise illegal parking rather that the current civil offence. 3 points and £100 fine minimum. Double if it's on the school zig-zag.

Enforced by way of an monitored ANPR spec camera.

When I was a kid we walked to school.

I got a bus to school (school service), it was a long trip as well like nearly an hours ride.

Are school bus services so prevalent now? I don't see them as often.

A single car? (Genuine enquiry)

Presumably it’s a marked vehicle, so if people can see the car’s not there, they will revert to bad parking. I wish someone would enforce the yellow lines & zigzags by the school near me. Local councillors are aware but still the bad parking continues.

Yes a single car.

They drive past and it records contraventions by video. It can cover several schools during each school run period.

Parking Services do enforce at schools with enforcement officers on foot.

There are well over a hundred schools / educational establishments across the city, so they can’t be at all of them regularly. They have a rota for planned visits and they can also respond to specific issues.

Maybe the council should put static cameras up to cover each of the red line routes, and give the individual school the proceeds! ;)

Yes a single car.

They drive past and it records contraventions by video. It can cover several schools during each school run period.

Parking Services do enforce at schools with enforcement officers on foot.

There are well over a hundred schools / educational establishments across the city, so they can’t be at all of them regularly. They have a rota for planned visits and they can also respond to specific issues.

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.

Maybe the council should put static cameras up to cover each of the red line routes, and give the individual school the proceeds! ;)

The proposed scheme is quite small and they already have a camera car.

If the use of red routes spreads and covers longer corridors, static camera enforcement might be an option.

The uses to which surplus income from parking penalties can be put is strictly limited by law. They could not just give it to a school.

If the use of red routes spreads and covers longer corridors,

If or when???? :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Next front on the councils war against the motorist???

They don’t.

You answered earlier "possibly" to will local residents have to suffer.

If the route is extended which is what Planner1 seems to suggest then clearly local residents will lose their on street parking and will indeed have to suffer.

All because it's easier to enforce by camera car than by parking warden.

---------- Post added 14-07-2018 at 07:59 ----------

Just seen a van park on double yellow lines, half on the pavement, outside a Sheffield primary school. During drop off time too.

You'll never guess what logo it had on the side...

Perfect photo opportunity, you could have tweeted it to the council.