Remember the Clothing grant

can anyone remember those daft parker jackets you got with the clothing grant, can anyone remember anything else you could get with the grant:D

I remember the kids at school who had the coat's. They were blue with a lighter blue stripe on the top. I remember the less tactfull kids would tease them for wearing eddycation coats ..

yeah i remember the clothing grant

those jeans were like cardboard

i also remember getting free cheese and butter at least once too

Yes I remember the Eddie grant. Ok.crappy stuff, But it helped a lot of hard up families clothe the kids:( So much for the Tory years..I remember them well:mad:

the good old days .when you got a clip round the ear for nought .and ten bob was ten bob

I had the Parkas and dark blue and light blue coat with the red stripe, the crap jeans and shoes etc. I'd forgotten about being called 'eddy' for years, surprised I could omit such well thought out hilarity from my memory.

lol me and my sister were talking about this the other day!! We were saying how you had to go into the education place in town and down the stairs into like a basement type bit and the women there always said "right you need 7 vests, 7 pairs of socks etc etc" I remeber having this burgundy pair of shoes and they were like beetle crushers and i hated them, but mum made me wear them until i left them in the kitchen with the new puppy we had and he chewed them bits!! Thank god!! hehe..

During the war some families got a sort of cheque to go and buy clothes with around whitsontide time,can anybody be more specific.

can anyone remember those daft parker jackets you got with the clothing grant, can anyone remember anything else you could get with the grant:D

Do you need to be a Pauper or summat for a clothing grant.

Never heard of it.

<<<<<<<<<A chance :hihi:

Do you need to be a Pauper or summat for a clothing grant.

Never heard of it.

<<<<<<<<<A chance :hihi:

I think one of the qualifications for the clothing grant, was that you had to be getting free school meals, if my memory serves me right.

And to be getting the free school meals you had to be on a limited income. ie. lone parent benefit, dole I think.

It was meant to be for school stuff though and not the latest "must haves cos it's cool".

I don't recall a clothing grant either, but I could use one now !