City Taxis App not all that its meant to be?

I've used the web app for some while and it works really well, never had a problem with a booking.

The mobile phone app is another story, it doesn't seem to link to the account. If I make a booking from the web app it doesn't show on the mobile app. Also when I've tried the mobile app it doesn't seem to ask for a destination. It does need some work so for now I stick to the web browser version.

I must admit I have never had any problems with the app I use it all the time. The only time I have any issues is when it’s really busy. The app usually prioritises your booking but during busy periods I don’t think this happens as often.

I must admit I have never had any problems with the app I use it all the time. The only time I have any issues is when it’s really busy. The app usually prioritises your booking but during busy periods I don’t think this happens as often.

Same here it normally works just fine. The only time I struggled was during Ramadan late in the evening

---------- Post added 12-07-2018 at 19:51 ----------

Edited by Veritas

Well, today I found out that yesterday whilst I was in Rotherham, someone used my account to move from NGH to RHH hospital mortuaries. It came up on the booking history on my phone App, but I didnt get an email confirmation of the journey.

Something is really odd there as it looks like a movement of NHS staff from one hospital to another, taking off from one of MY drop off points I usually have, as I work next to the mortuary at NGH.

This could be a Sat-Nav problem, with the App being to clever for its own boots, assuming that because 2 accounts have used the same location recently, that it has to choose between two accounts. Or even worse it has flagged up two accounts and someone manually chose the account themselves. :-?

The App was great up until around April/May when I reinstalled the newer version. Thats when all the problems started.

Same here. The new app refuses to let me input an actual address. eg if I'm at Decathlon it gives only 199 Eyre st, and, unlike the old app, will not allow me to edit the address. So the driver is given 199 Eyre st as the pickup, and, has no idea where it is.

If the app would allow me to edit the addresses, the problem wouldn't exist, as I'd simply type in "Decathlon", and every driver knows where that is.

It's the same for most stores- Tesco on infirmary road gives only "50 Montgomery road", so many drivers go there rather than the Tesco car park.

Not had any real problems with the City app, my main gripe is that City usually costs more than Uber (unless Uber have a "surge").

Uber works all over the country, or at least it has for me, plus overseas.