City Taxis App not all that its meant to be?

Hi. Im having problems with City Taxis at the moment. It is all down to the App being unfit for purpose, then getting told it is my problem when I ring up to sort it out.

It has also resulted in me being billed for another account's journeys, being refused a cab by a taxi driver and my address erroneously having a block put on it, leaving me stranded (today actually)

Can anyone tell me if Uber is better on this front. I am on the access to work scheme, where I am assisted with payments to get me to work and back, so it may involve a lot of extra paperwork, but in just the few months I have been with City, I have been in tears with them three times.

In a lot of cases the App has failed (which is also my fault apparently) or the Driver has failed to get the full address from the system despite me double checking I have put it in correctly.

However this last time I ended up sat in the Yorkshire bank in Rotherham in tears after being told I have had a block put on my address (Not on ME, take note, as she hadn't even asked my name at that point). I had to ring another number to find out that despite being picked up many times from that address since March, that the block went back from Feb, under someone elses name!

So, any advice would be helpful, but I want to be sure that it is NOT my fault, and that it does happen to others before I put an official complaint in.

I am not taking any action against drivers here, as in the main they have been fantastic, and many are as frustrated with the app as me.

Thanks

Glenys

Yea the App has long been known to be total rubbish, City are an oldschool style firm and doing everything they can to keep the new competition out.

Uber's app works fine.

Guest makapaka

Never had an issue with it.

Not used the app, instead just old-style phoning them. Never had a problem and can't see why anyone persists with the app if it is so problematic.

I know this doesn't help you, but I use the City app every week and Ive never had an issue.

Have you tried deleting it and reinstalling. What phone are you using?

I used the city taxis app for about a year when getting help from access to work,it worked fine except a couple of times in the extreme winter weather when taxis couldn’t run.but overall all good

When City took over a firm here in Barnsley the app would allow journeys to be booked but would dispatch a SHEFFIELD driver.

If you called them they IVR would route you to a Sheffield office who had no clue where anywhere was leaving the Barnsley office to sort it out.

It's not just the app though, City isn't all that.

They took over what was regarded as the best firm in Barnsley and was usually fully booked at peak times. Now most of the drivers have left due to how they were treated by City management. Most feel they were getting scraps in terms of jobs. City moved a few drivers up from Sheffield and they were getting all the decent paying fares.

City are useless. Use any firm bar them and you'll be fine. Uber App is great

Yep uber is brill city taxis are just a big bully boy company with drivers who have disgusting cars where as with uber customers rate drivers and if they get below a certain percent they get there account suspended so they have to be professional and plus you know with uber what your paying city taxi drivers not all will try and rip you off big time use uber it will get bigger and stronger and the app works and doesn't lie simples

Not used the app, instead just old-style phoning them. Never had a problem and can't see why anyone persists with the app if it is so problematic.

I dont think I would persist in using it if it wasn't essential for my account, which I use to make claims against.

I must admit, I'm thinking of keeping it to phone bookings with receipts, if it carries on - its just that the receipts are pretty small and easy to loose. I get a printout which my manager signs if I do it through the App :-/ so it makes it a lot easier to claim my money back.

---------- Post added 11-07-2018 at 23:38 ----------

I used the city taxis app for about a year when getting help from access to work,it worked fine except a couple of times in the extreme winter weather when taxis couldn’t run.but overall all good

The App was great up until around April/May when I reinstalled the newer version. Thats when all the problems started.

---------- Post added 11-07-2018 at 23:40 ----------

I know this doesn't help you, but I use the City app every week and Ive never had an issue.

Have you tried deleting it and reinstalling. What phone are you using?

I have reinstalled it a couple of times this week, but still wont get past the opening page/map.

I use android (?haiwai?)

XX

Yep uber is brill city taxis are just a big bully boy company with drivers who have disgusting cars where as with uber customers rate drivers and if they get below a certain percent they get there account suspended so they have to be professional and plus you know with uber what your paying city taxi drivers not all will try and rip you off big time use uber it will get bigger and stronger and the app works and doesn't lie simples

Had it twice where been over charged by City. When questioned the driver has said that's the price and because I had been out drinking not worth arguing as simply they would probably call the police and be classed as drunk. Instead I've recorded the challenge then contacted City and non both occasions had the over amount refunded back to me, both which were apparently human error by the driver and that the driver is sorry! More like the driver is sorry they got caught out! If you thinks wrong, challenge!

Had it twice where been over charged by City. When questioned the driver has said that's the price and because I had been out drinking not worth arguing as simply they would probably call the police and be classed as drunk. Instead I've recorded the challenge then contacted City and non both occasions had the over amount refunded back to me, both which were apparently human error by the driver and that the driver is sorry! More like the driver is sorry they got caught out! If you thinks wrong, challenge!

Presumably you've had some poor service from them at some point given your earlier post about them being rubbish - the above comment seems to demonstrate reasonable customer service to me?