Red helicopter flying low over north sheffield

I have seen this helicopter for the last few days, does anyone know what its upto.

some of the Air Ambulance's are red... possibly that?

I know ours is yellow though, but "West Midlands" is red - maybe they were bringing someone here?

Could be checking overhead power lines.

some of the Air Ambulance's are red... possibly that?

I know ours is yellow though, but "West Midlands" is red - maybe they were bringing someone here?

the HMCG branded 'civilian' Search and rescue helicopters are a mainly red undersides and red and white on top livery

It's over Killamarsh now it's very low.

There was another one over the train lines this morning very low and just hovering but that was black and white.

It's over Killamarsh now it's very low.

There was another one over the train lines this morning very low and just hovering but that was black and white.

I believe Network rail do use helicopters for certain aspects of inspecting rail lines - much the same the national gird use helicopters to inspect powerlines ... they can fly along side/ over / next to the structures in question and visually inspect or video it quicker and easier than 'walking' it - fairly obviously for the powerlines but you don;t need 'posession' to do the railway that way

We have had a silver and yellow one circling around S35 t'other day, but I have no interest in what it was doing. It did make one hell of a racket though, I think it may be due a good service.

Angel1.

It's been over the Rotherham area and has been doing thermal imagining checks on the over head power lines