Tram from Halfway to Uni of Sheffield

I am taking my son for a Uni visit to University of Sheffield on Saturday and was after a bit of advice on using the tram. I have never used it before. We live at Clowne so was going to do the park and ride from Halfway. Is there a certain tram/number we have to get on and would it go all the way without having to change anywhere?

Cheers

Usually the Blue tram from Halfway to University that is direct and no change required, however due to engineering works until 8 August if you are planning on catching the tram, you have to catch the bus replacement service from Halfway to Birley Lane and then change onto the tram.

Personally speaking, catch the Stagecoach 120 bus that starts from Halfway Park and Ride also, no need to change that way and stops at the university on Glossop Road or at the Hallamshire Hospital.

Remember due to engineering works there is free parking at Halfway Park and Ride so you only have to pay for the bus/tram tickets you require.

Also as a side note - remember Stagecoach Sheffield offer the '5 for a fiver' promotion on Saturday and Sundays, so any 5 people can travel together for £5 but this is only valid on Stagecoach buses. The tram is more expensive.

Thanks mate. I think I might drive as I don't fancy getting stuck on the bus not knowing where I am when I will already be rushing to get back for the match

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 23:48 ----------

Do you know if there are any NCP car parks or alternatives nearby?

Edited by bigcheese

There's a q park at the side of the children's hospital if that's any good

There's a q park at the side of the children's hospital if that's any good

Definitely the best option. Plenty of parking there bang behind the Octagon Centre / Students Union.

Thanks mate. I think I might drive as I don't fancy getting stuck on the bus not knowing where I am when I will already be rushing to get back for the match

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 23:48 ----------

Do you know if there are any NCP car parks or alternatives nearby?

There is plenty of parking available around the University/Hospitals but this will cost you more than what the bus would. The bus still takes you direct and also has announcements of stops on the 120 route, like the tram does.

A better alternative may be travel to Meadowhall, park for free and then catch the Yellow tram direct to University from there? Would save on the cost of parking for you. :)