Bring back national service for yobs!

I doint agree with pushing yobs into the military. I think the majority of yobs are bullies and all we will be doing is giving many of them weapons? :loopy:

True it may put discipline into a few but i'm not for it. I'd like to see community service toughened up. There's so many community hours dished out by the law courts but what do they do???

They should be thrown out onto the street in chains in bright pink overalls and made to sweep and scrub the city streets and roads. Law abiding hecklers would be welcomed. :D

here here best thing that could ever happen get them in the forces and get all the pent up aggression out of them fighting in the wars what are going of in this world.

The Yob situation has now gone too far to deal with it by any measures other than Draconian ones. If a youth knew that the punishment for say carrying a knife was six months of absolute hell, ie boot camp, up at 5, work till 8, breakfast, work again, lunch, Citizenship studies, back to work, tea. etc under a regime akin to the Foreign Legion. The average yob won't want to go back for a second stint which would be for 1 year were he to reoffend. We must also realise that most of todays yobs have very little or no help/guidance from parents who are little more than grown up yobs themselves.

Having spent 9 years in the forces i would not like to fight alongside someone that has being ordered to do national service because of there behaviour. How could i trust them with my life.

Here here, as an ex-wife of an ex serviceman I can agree with that as would a few other servicemen as well I suspect.

They should bring back discipline in schools first in my opinion without fear of being sued.

What nonsense, the last thing these people need is to learn how to use firearms - dear god can you hear us back there in 1952?

you forget that proper use of firearms requires respect for the equipment - quite literally at pain of death - from the range conducting officer etc even if you don't manage to kill yourslef or anyone else.

much of the histrioics about firearms is of the same contemptible levle as 'every man is a rapist ' and ' every women is a whore ' on the basis they have the equipment...

Military National service while appealing to some reactionaries would have the following major problems

1. who of the 'real' forces would want national service conscripts as part of their team - part of thereason the British forces are so good is there are no conscripts and very few people in it for what it brings afterwards ( unlike say the US forces whenre peopel will do the minimum return of service to get 'veteran's ' healthcareand educational cash (equivalent) benefits ...

2. the ramifications of the first death of a national service conscript would i nthe current political climate be suicide for both the party that reintroduced National service and for the party in power, - the alternatvie would be to make national service non deployable - which in which case why make it military...

3. however there needs to be some kind of further sanctions to deal with those who refuse to engage with education and training - but the human rights hand wringers would not doubt prevent any further compulsion or 'forced' move for training or service delivery of those who do not freely engage in education or training

I Was Not Saying "give Them Guns Or Put Them In The Military"! I Merely Meant Put Them Into Boot Camps Where They Can Learn How To Be Respectful!

I think there should be boot camps in sheffield or near by:thumbsup:

stop picking on youths make the parents go then they get to no how to deal with problems :hihi::help: leave the kids alone:help:

I think there should be boot camps in sheffield or near by:thumbsup:

Why? They would all be sneaking off home for their dinner

ah very funny:hihi: :hihi:

I Was Not Saying "give Them Guns Or Put Them In The Military"! I Merely Meant Put Them Into Boot Camps Where They Can Learn How To Be Respectful!

boot camps or 'short sharp shock' doesn't work - why?

you just teach people that bullying techniques work

the whole strcutured approach works so much better if the rewards are clear ( a meaningful job ) rather than sit it out and go home at the end of it

I would love to have some of these "Chavs" with me when I was in Ireland.

I caught 2 tench and a roach, and had enough maggots left for the next day. :thumbsup: