Age to drink alcohol should be 21 .

It has already been suggested that the legal age for drinking be dropped to 16. I would support dropping the age to the date the person has completed their secondary education, providing they then attend a 'drinking course', at the end of which they are given a 'drinking licence'. This licence is their ID to get served in public places that sell alcohol.

If someone does not complete secondary education, the cannot take the course until they are 18.

The course would cover:

- the short term effects of alcohol on the body, especially when trying to perform complex tasks such as driving or operating machinery and power tools, but also covering items such as the increased likelihood of being sick in a moving car or taxi, and the effects on aggressive tendencies.

- the long term effects such as weight gain, relationship problems, financial hardship, dependency, etc.

- the different forms of alcohol comes in and how to recognise the strength of drinks

- how to spot the signs that someone has had too much to drink and what to do if someone has had so much as to become unconscious

- how to drink responsibly and within the health guidelines

- pub etiquette

The course would be delivered by FE Colleges and have practical elements! If the young person can demonstrate that they understand the effect alcohol will have on them, I think they should be able to start drinking after they have left school.

Ok right. If this country got a grip and made it ilegal to drink under 21 there would be a lot less drama on our streets on a night time. Infact ban it all together. :rolleyes:

So is this the problem you were purporting to address?

I presume you have some statistics about 'drama on the streets at night time' and not just some wild assumptions about the age of people?

---------- Post added 06-07-2018 at 07:46 ----------

Me trolling, Youve got people talking stupid about 5 year olds drinking alcohol and then people asking me whats the Punishment for under age drinkers. :rant:

Yes, so we've established that you don't know what the current law is, nor despite your "crying for mummy" comment do you have any idea what punishment an underage drinker who was 'caught' would suffer.

Do you actually know anything about the topic at all?

Why are you people even entertaining this numpty? Whatever happened to the quality trolling of yesteryear?

So is this the problem you were purporting to address?

I presume you have some statistics about 'drama on the streets at night time' and not just some wild assumptions about the age of people?

---------- Post added 06-07-2018 at 07:46 ----------

Yes, so we've established that you don't know what the current law is, nor despite your "crying for mummy" comment do you have any idea what punishment an underage drinker who was 'caught' would suffer.

Do you actually know anything about the topic at all?

I like to read what some of you know it alls have say because some people on here think they know everything. :roll:

---------- Post added 06-07-2018 at 09:01 ----------

Why are you people even entertaining this numpty? Whatever happened to the quality trolling of yesteryear?

Numpty ? trolling? wanting peoples opinions about peoples views on a topic, that's not trolling, seems your the expert on the trolling situation. :suspect:

I like to read what some of you know it alls have say because some people on here think they know everything. :roll:

No I think they just know more about it than you....

Mind you some people might actually have been involved with alcohol licencing over the years. They tend to know the realities.

Numpty ? trolling? wanting peoples opinions about peoples views on a topic, that's not trolling, seems your the expert on the trolling situation. :suspect:

Yes, numpty. If you're going to 'debate' a topic at least have the faintest idea about it before you start, rather than making random statements with nothing to back them up. :|

I wouldn't say expert......but I clearly have my moments. ;)

Who do think you are. :suspect: They are my opinions and would like to hear other opinions on the subect. So discuss that.

Not really how discussions work, maybe you know say something simple like "What does everyone think?" instead of just typing sentences.

Not really how discussions work, maybe you know say something simple like "What does everyone think?" instead of just typing sentences.

Admitted should have worderd it different.

---------- Post added 06-07-2018 at 13:39 ----------

Yes, numpty. If you're going to 'debate' a topic at least have the faintest idea about it before you start, rather than making random statements with nothing to back them up. :|

I wouldn't say expert......but I clearly have my moments. ;)

Carry on with the name calling and winding for an argument. Not from me Im out of here.:roll:

Edited by PRESLEY

---------- Post added 06-07-2018 at 09:01 ----------

You've got an opinion of your own, but you appear to know practically nothing about the subject... Are you the opposite of a know it all, a know nothing?

---------- Post added 06-07-2018 at 17:09 ----------

Carry on with the name calling and winding for an argument. Not from me Im out of here.:roll:

So you've bailed? You stated your opinions, demonstrated your ignorance and now you don't want to play? :hihi:

Minimum age to drink Alchol should be 21, Also the minimum age to drive a car legally should 21.

You don't say WHY it should be 21 though.

If you present your arguments for why you believe the minimum drinking / driving age should be 21, then you give people something to go on. They may agree or disagree; but more importantly, it's an opportunity for you to test the robustness / validity of your reasoning through debate.

You must have an idea why you think it should be 21?

You don't say WHY it should be 21 though.

If you present your arguments for why you believe the minimum drinking / driving age should be 21, then you give people something to go on. They may agree or disagree; but more importantly, it's an opportunity for you to test the robustness / validity of your reasoning through debate.

You must have an idea why you think it should be 21?

I just think 17 for driving 18 for drinking is just too young. .Young people are very carefree and imature. 21 just strikes me as the right age. The three year age gap from 18 to 21 doesnt sound alot but young people start to mature and gather more common sense and a little bit more life experience. Look there you go like it or lump it thats my opinion and Im sticking to it. If no one agrees thats up to them. :roll:

So you want to change it so that you can go off to a war at 18 and get your legs blown off, but not go for a meal and have a glass of wine?

Makes perfect sense :huh: