Bad driver or what ??

In future, you might consider pulling over to the left and slowing down so that someone who is clearly in a rush and inclined to drive dangerously can get past you. This would have avoided them feeling the need to insult you.

If I had pulled over to the left I would have been driving over he parked cars a the side of the road :loopy::help: I am struggling here with other speeding drivers who think all roads have a 60 MPH limit.

I will leave this post for now but will remember the van and driver for future reference hope fully I might be in my own vehicle next time so I can record his actions

Guest busdriver1
If I had pulled over to the left I would have been driving over he parked cars a the side of the road :loopy::help: I am struggling here with other speeding drivers who think all roads have a 60 MPH limit.

I will leave this post for now but will remember the van and driver for future reference hope fully I might be in my own vehicle next time so I can record his actions

I think you MAY have found the culprit. :hihi:

I have found nowadays with the volume of traffic it,s a waste of time speeding about for as soon as you overtake one car you are up to another and you have gained one space for your trouble!.There was nobody worse than me when I was a younger driver but with age most times comes wisdom,so I don,t speed and I don,t dawdle,I find driving defensively is the best option!.Although sometimes its hard not to loose your rag at some drivers antics I try to be Mr Cool at the same time not doing anything silly myself which is dead easy as we all know!.

In future, you might consider pulling over to the left and slowing down so that someone who is clearly in a rush and inclined to drive dangerously can get past you. This would have avoided them feeling the need to insult you.

You obviously know the road conditions better than the OP!!!

There were you???

You obviously know the road conditions better than the OP!!!

There were you???

exert from the highway code

Not allow yourself to become agitated or involved if someone is behaving badly

on the road. This will only make the situation worse. Pull over, calm down and,

when you feel relaxed, continue your journey

the above is very good advice

Try being a cyclist and suffering constant abuse, aggression and intimidation from motorists.

While accepting that those bad cyclists who do ignore the law quite rightly get a reaction from motorists, it in no way justifies the mindless deplorable behaviour that motorists ambush law abiding cyclists with.

It's road rage.

It's common place.

It explodes given the slightest provocation, but worse, it ocurrs for no reason other than some nutcase is behind the wheel.

And usually behind a cyclist.

Get a dashcam, you can get £200 for any decent recordings and the twit will get justice via Facebook.

I agree with most people on this subject. The impatient driver is at fault here end of, no iffs, no buts. Overtaking in an agressive manor making rude gestures. I wonder who's side Mr Police Officer would come down on.

Lets get one thing straight, The speed limit is the speed limit, if you choose to go over the limit then it is your fault should you get caught (and i've been caught) It defenately is not the fault of the motorist in front of you, if you think he or she isn't going fast enough, tough, they are not breaking the law.

I have a dash cam and publish my photos to the rate that driver website. Small car drivers are badly treated on the roads and generally bullied by drivers with large 4x4's.

To me, drivers who can't stick to the speed limit should not be on public roads. There are roads at 60 mph near Buxton which I would not dream of trying to attempt to reach.

I'm a driver. I drive 3 cars regularly. One of them is a big 4x4. Another is a medium size saloon and another is a tiny little runaround.

It depends where I'm going, what I'm doing, as to which car I'm in - but I don't change my driving style depending on what car I'm in.

What I do notice is that there are some driver stereotypes that appear to be true though. I am wary of the following:

1. Nissan Micra/Toyota Yaris type small hatch-backs, driven by elderly folk wearing hats - especially on a Sunday.

2. Pick-up trucks - with their double-cabs, aggressive styling and low taxes for business use, these have become popular with tradesmen who like to drive and act as

aggressively as their truck looks.

3. Any Subaru saloon car - especially the bright metallic blue ones.

4. The white Astra Van - driven by frustrated workmen in menial occupations, with the bile of youth frothing upon their lips.

5. Any "hot-hatch" driven by under 25's wearing a baseball cap back to front.

6. Any taxi - especially private hire cars driven by our brothers from parts of the Indian sub-continent.

It's actually not about the make or type of vehicle - but it's a lot more about the type of folk that drive them. That's the problem.

Edited by DerbyTup