Bad driver or what ??

To the driver of a white golf van with a private plate M1 *** who was pushing me along Gleadless Road near to townend, then over took me on the inside after the lights changed only to cut in front and gesticulate out of his window and shout abuse, you are a very unpleasant person here is some advice, a 30 MPH limit is just that, A LIMIT, ITS NOT A TARGET !!!!!!

Shocking behaviour on his part, but how fast were you travelling when this happened?

that is not really important though is it?

If he was only doing 10mph on an open road it might be...

I was doing about 28 MPH, I drive a tracked (IE monitored vehicle) so get a warning if I go above he speed limit via my phone. Driver need to chill out more its people like this that cant stop if a child runs out in front of them, I never have and never want to be responsible for hitting a pedestrian with a motor vehicle just because I want to get somewhere quicker than the driver in front. If I had been in my own vehicle I would have got him on my dashcam and posted it all over You Tube but I was in my work vehicle unfortunately so he wont get his 15 mins of fame !

One can only hope that when they come to grief, and they will, that only their own car is damaged. Gesticulating and shouting abuse is bound to reduce awareness of immediate traffic conditions.

Being abusive or making rude hand gestures to a fellow road user or pedestrian can be considered inconsiderate, careless or dangerous driving. It is to be hoped that they are spotted acting this way by the traffic police who could help us all by taking this dangerous driver off the road.

To the driver of a white golf van with a private plate M1 *** who was pushing me along Gleadless Road near to townend, then over took me on the inside after the lights changed only to cut in front and gesticulate out of his window and shout abuse, you are a very unpleasant person here is some advice, a 30 MPH limit is just that, A LIMIT, ITS NOT A TARGET !!!!!!

Driving too slow is dangerous and causes tailbacks . Id suggest if you uncomfortable driving to a 30 MPH limit, then maybe driving is not for you.

Driving too slow is dangerous and causes tailbacks . Id suggest if you uncomfortable driving to a 30 MPH limit, then maybe driving is not for you.

I'd suggest that if you didn't bother reading the bit where he says he was doing 28 mph, that you're a bit slow on the uptake. Maybe making halfway intelligent comments on the Forum isn't for you.

AGAIN, for the numpty with webbed feet, A 30 MPH SPEED LIMIT IS EXACTLY THAT, IT IS NOT A TARGET, sorry for the caps people, you should always drive with regard to the road conditions taking into account the proximity of pedestrians and other road users and for info I was approaching a junction controlled by traffic lights that were in fact showing RED

You do sound pretty silly wheeling out that comment though, but the other driver does sound like a total numpty.

If your vehicle is tracked it's worth remembering that speedo's almost always over-read by a small %, this is because it's illegal for them to under-read (because it's dangerous).

So at 30 mph you'll actually be one or two mph lower.

AGAIN, for the numpty with webbed feet, A 30 MPH SPEED LIMIT IS EXACTLY THAT, IT IS NOT A TARGET, sorry for the caps people, you should always drive with regard to the road conditions taking into account the proximity of pedestrians and other road users and for info I was approaching a junction controlled by traffic lights that were in fact showing RED

I think you'll find the majority of people here, will find your driving style (and consideration for pedestrians) commendable. There's absolutely nothing wrong with driving a little under the speed limit, anyone suggesting otherwise isn't worth paying any attention to.

Stay safe!

In future, you might consider pulling over to the left and slowing down so that someone who is clearly in a rush and inclined to drive dangerously can get past you. This would have avoided them feeling the need to insult you.

I'd suggest that if you didn't bother reading the bit where he says he was doing 28 mph, that you're a bit slow on the uptake. Maybe making halfway intelligent comments on the Forum isn't for you.

Intelligent comments on the Forum? A rarity no? :hihi: