Prospects for the Sheffield clubs this coming season?

On 28/07/2019 at 12:32, NERVY-OWL said:

Bit before my time that one😁

I don't believe you.😁

11 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Here's what TalkSport think of the Championship grounds.  See number 17.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/579428/championship-stadiums-ranked-elland-road-city-ground-the-valley/

I'm a Blade but that's a horrific list. Huddersfield 2nd? The Liberty Stadium and Pride Park following? The KC stadium up there?! The Madjeski is 6th for God's sake! All soulless stadiums. 

I'd have Elland Road, The Hawthorns, The City Ground and possibly Deepdale as better than Hillsborough, putting it at 5th. No time for all these retail park bowls. 

Edited by Moistened

27 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Is Wednesday's game on the telly at all tomorrow?

Only on ifollow m8 .

Edited by owl.66

6 minutes ago, owl.66 said:

Only on ifollow m8 .

Ta, no idea what that is though.I can get Sky, BBC and BT Sports on my streamer, but not familiar with that one, is it a local thing?

2 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

OK thanks, don't think that I will be able to access that,so maybe I'll watch what's on Sky and get updates from time to time, or maybe just sleep in. lol

Edited by Ontarian1981

Well the Blades are favourites to finish bottom, so anywhere out of the bottom 3 has got to be seen as a successful  season.

We're bound to take some hammerings from the top clubs so i guess you need to pick your points up from the bottom 3rd of the table.

The Owls are a tough one to predict, but given a fair run with injuries they could trouble the top 6.

Sad to hear that Mark Duffy hasn't been issued a squad number  this season.He will always be remembered fondly for THAT goal and for the last 3 seasons where he was part of the best midfield I've seen at Bramall Lane for decades.

Proof if you need it that its not a good idea to cross Mr Wilder.

15 hours ago, atticus said:

Sad to hear that Mark Duffy hasn't been issued a squad number  this season.He will always be remembered fondly for THAT goal and for the last 3 seasons where he was part of the best midfield I've seen at Bramall Lane for decades.

Proof if you need it that its not a good idea to cross Mr Wilder.

Yes indeed he never came across as a manager who will take ---- of anyone.The first thing Duffy should do is sack his agent who must have been behind the idea to ask Wilder for a rise slap bang in the middle of the club signing midfielders.He would have been better keeping a low profile. Having said that I think he will be a loss to the club if he played well the Blades played well.He will do a great job for someone even if for a short time.As you say he will be remembered for stopping the short lived bounce at Sheff 6.That alone makes him a hero.

As for the coming season it is bound to be harder and we might take a couple of hammerings but I think we will do a lot better than some so called experts think .The Wilder effect will be a great weapon for the Blades and in a funny way all these so called experts pulling them down is just whats needed they really pull their fingers out when faced with long odds.

17 hours ago, atticus said:

Well the Blades are favourites to finish bottom, so anywhere out of the bottom 3 has got to be seen as a successful  season.

We're bound to take some hammerings from the top clubs so i guess you need to pick your points up from the bottom 3rd of the table.

The Owls are a tough one to predict, but given a fair run with injuries they could trouble the top 6.

It's not often that the Bookies are wrong, but I'm as sure as I can be that they're going to be miles out with this assessment of the Blades.

I reckon at least 8 places out.

Edited by Hotmale 1954